Newmar
RV Model
Ventana LE
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Ford F150 King Ranch
Fulltimer
No
Peplink is rolling out some new modems in the UBR series, called "UBR GO". They represent a pretty good midrange value to the RV community. They are not yet posted on their website, but an early product review is linked below. Thanks to the 5G Store for the early PN and Pricing info.

Unboxing video, Peplink Ninja:
Unboxing the Peplink UBR Go | Peplink Ninja

Ordering information and MSRP
UBR-GO-LTEA-R-T-PRM
Dual CAT12 Modems
MSRP: US$1,199 per unit

UBR-GO-LTEA-W-T-PRM
Dual CAT6 Modems
MSRP: US$999 per unit

5G store is saying they'll likely not be available to ship until after Jan 1. Hard to say if they'll sell at a discount from the MSRP at first.

These sit 'above' the first product in the UBR line, which is a dual CAT4 modem device at $499. Peplink UBR LTE SpeedFusion Router with 2 x Cat 4 LTE Modems + PrimeCare, 5 Reviews : 5Gstore.com

They sit "below" the Max Transit line, I THINK. But the pricing currently on a Dual modem CAT12 in the MaxTransit line is as low as $799 in some places.
Pepwave MAX Transit Duo Router With 2 x Cat 12 LTE Advanced Pro Modems + PrimeCare, 9 Reviews : 5Gstore.com
The Maxtransit with a single CAT18 is selling for $749 or possibly less,
Pepwave MAX Transit Router With Cat 18 LTE Modem + PrimeCare, 9 Reviews : 5Gstore.com

I think the MaxTransit product makes the most sense until these start shipping, unless you want to start with the Dual CAT4 UBR unit at $499. An outstanding value for the cost-sensitive buyer.

Last edited:
You know there are really way too many choices out there for this stuff.......... :oops:
Cosmo Kramer Mind Blown GIF

@VTPete I was thinking of buying the Peplink Max Transit Duo. Do you think the UBR line will have better performance? I'm finding prices on the Duo of around $750.

The duo is dual Cat12 modems, and the UBR GO with dual Cat12 also, so they’re comparable, but the UBR has 4 LAN ports vs 1 on max transit. I think the UBR is not yet in stock though.check with a reseller on ETA and actual cost. Eithier would be awesome.

Thanks @VTPete what is the advantage of the extra LAN ports?

Thanks @VTPete what is the advantage of the extra LAN ports?
Connectivity for your internal devices like your wifi networks (i run a Tenga mesh wifi network as the built in wifi doesn't perform near as well). And other direct attached items like printers or other clients that require ethernet.

I was thinking today that I might have preferred a Duo running CAT 12 vs my unit which is one modem but CAT18. I don't seem to often connect with that kind of speed much and I'd now prefer the extra modem. With my M1 on the WAN port I have 2 modems, but now (as is always the case!) I'd like to have 3, ATT, Verizon, and T-Mobile.

Thanks @VTPete I'll be using the ethernet port for Google WiFi mesh. I probably don't need the extra ports.
I'm sold on the dual modems. Ordering the Max Transit Duo now to replace my Max BR1 MK2. If anyone needs one, it is 6 months old in excellent condition. Will post to classifieds once the new one is installed. Cheers.

Keep in mind in dual modems vs. dual sim slots with a single modem. You can daisy chain pepwaves, I use a BR1 MK2 and BR1 MINI so it gives me two modems at a lower total cost allowing me both sims active at the same time for the primary pepwave to choose which is best to use. I'm pulling out my MINI and installing a Transit CAT 18 which will pair with the BR1 MK2. I may go solely with the Transit CAT 18 knowing it's 2 slots one modem but it's typically one carrier or the other, not really a close situation so one wins and I can forget the other after testing at the CG.

Thanks @Neal I considered that setup, but got such a good deal on the Transit Duo thought I should just run with one unit. My installer is charging me less as he doesn't have to run power to a 2nd unit. I just noticed you have 1800 watts of solar on your Newmar. Damn, rolling thunder! You can power a small town.

Do your homework!!

I JUST PURCHASED the full-blown Transit DUO and it’s NOT $700...it’s $1000 from 5Gstore.

Thats what it costs for the faster Cat12 modems.

Latest resources

Back