Canyon Star 3205
RV Length
Chassis
Workhorse w20
Engine
8.1 L Vortec
Fulltimer
No
Once I had the dog house cover off in our Country Star I noticed that I could get to the starboard plugs (with some difficulty) from inside, but the port side was un-reachable. Using my great ingenuity, my plan was to remove the left front tire and get to the plugs through the wheel well. So once I figured out how to remove the hubcap cover (they torqued it down way too tight!) I tried to remove the lug nuts. I bent a 6 foot long breaker bar, tried an electric hammer drill, and basically threw in the towel. My young son (30) walked by and asked what I was doing. I explained my dilemma and he said "well...I could get in there between the tire and the engine and change 'em out for ya..." I said "go for it"! Within 30 minutes he had all the plugs out, new plugs in with new magnum wires from Brazels. Geezzz...why didn't I think of that first? New Iridium plugs gapped at .45 with the new wires and the motor purrs. Can't wait until I take her on the road and see if I notice a difference. Was experiencing a bit of surging before...hope that's gone.

Iridium plugs are very good choice. Also replacing the wire harness every few years is a good idea.

Still does not solve the problem of your over tight lug nuts. Hope that the person that put them on did not warp your brake rotors.

Latest resources

Back