Red 33 AA
RV Length
35 ft
TOW/TOAD
2017 Jeep Sahara
Fulltimer
No
Hi Guys:

Well my new 2021 Tiffin 33 AA arrived from Red Bay on Monday yesterday. My salesman was off today so I just swung by for a quick look see. He told me that the coach has not been gone over by service yet and it is just the way it arrived from Tiffin.

I was anxious to see just how good or bad, a new coach arrived, especially being built during pandemic times, and driving almost 1000 miles to the dealer destination.

I didn't get a chance to test drive it because my salesman wasn't there. But the wife and I spent over 2.5 hrs going over the paint finish, the wood work, the tile work, all lower bay doors, working all the shades, testing cabinets and making sure ALL the options we ordered were there.

We opted for the dark Mocha cabinets with the white Articulo white floor heated tile floor tile. We did the one in urban putty back splash and Cocoon color Ultra Leather. The interior is very striking. The outside coach color is Rustic Canyon.

Remember we were looking at just the finish and fit and some function of the interior and exterior.

1. The front lower bay door has to be adjusted, a little off.
2. About a one inch rip in wall paper near driver window.
3. Two loose USB ports.
4. Couple pulls in fabric in one kitchen chair.
5. Rubber gasket sticking a bit on DS slide out.

Duhhhh that was it. Things we special ordered, queen size bed, heated floors, three solar panels, Girard Awnings, stacked washer & dryer, wifi ranger, exterior slide out tray and more are all there and accounted for.

Remember I did not power the slides, or test drive the coach. All the remotes and other stuff is still in boxes in the bays of the coach.

Really like the interior color combination. Tiffin discontinued the Mocha color cabinets in 2021. Don't know why they did but I really like them. The new breakfast bar with the Televator is a hoot.

I had a 2019 Open Road Tiffin 32SA that was loaded. Something to note. My 32SA had Flexsteel furniture. It was nice, but the new coach ultra leather furniture seems to be a better quality. I don't know who is making it. It is heavier and thicker than my old coach. The driver and Passenger seats are head and shoulders better than my old units. You notice the difference as soon as you sit in them. The movable recliner is solid, and it is heavy to move, a good thing.

Well that's about it for now. When I do the full PDI I will let you know how I make out.

Regards

PAM aka HeadHunter

Pictures or it didn't happen. :)

Hi Jim:

Yeah I will take some pics when I pick it up on the 18th. Having a Safe-T-Plus installed, snap pads, and conversion on Jeep from Demco Stay & Play to Airforce 1 auxiliary braking system.

Jim P.

We are anxiously awaiting arrival of our 2022 Allegro Open Road 36 LA. We were disappointed that they discontinued the lighter color leather so we went with the Cocoon color as well with Amber Glazed cabinets. Supposed to arrive 8/12. Glad to hear that quality levels are still pretty high.

We are anxiously awaiting arrival of our 2022 Allegro Open Road 36 LA. We were disappointed that they discontinued the lighter color leather so we went with the Cocoon color as well with Amber Glazed cabinets. Supposed to arrive 8/12. Glad to hear that quality levels are still pretty high.
Hi Alex & Teresa

I had the lighter color leather in our first coach, that's why we went with the Cocoon color in this one. I am sure I will find some faults when I start running the coach. I am heading back down this Tuesday to drop off the Jeep. I will play around in the coach while I wait for Jeep.

Jim P.

Congratulations new owners. Great coaches. Enjoy.

Hi Guys:

Well my new 2021 Tiffin 33 AA arrived from Red Bay on Monday yesterday. My salesman was off today so I just swung by for a quick look see. He told me that the coach has not been gone over by service yet and it is just the way it arrived from Tiffin.

I was anxious to see just how good or bad, a new coach arrived, especially being built during pandemic times, and driving almost 1000 miles to the dealer destination.

I didn't get a chance to test drive it because my salesman wasn't there. But the wife and I spent over 2.5 hrs going over the paint finish, the wood work, the tile work, all lower bay doors, working all the shades, testing cabinets and making sure ALL the options we ordered were there.

We opted for the dark Mocha cabinets with the white Articulo white floor heated tile floor tile. We did the one in urban putty back splash and Cocoon color Ultra Leather. The interior is very striking. The outside coach color is Rustic Canyon.

Remember we were looking at just the finish and fit and some function of the interior and exterior.

1. The front lower bay door has to be adjusted, a little off.
2. About a one inch rip in wall paper near driver window.
3. Two loose USB ports.
4. Couple pulls in fabric in one kitchen chair.
5. Rubber gasket sticking a bit on DS slide out.

Duhhhh that was it. Things we special ordered, queen size bed, heated floors, three solar panels, Girard Awnings, stacked washer & dryer, wifi ranger, exterior slide out tray and more are all there and accounted for.

Remember I did not power the slides, or test drive the coach. All the remotes and other stuff is still in boxes in the bays of the coach.

Really like the interior color combination. Tiffin discontinued the Mocha color cabinets in 2021. Don't know why they did but I really like them. The new breakfast bar with the Televator is a hoot.

I had a 2019 Open Road Tiffin 32SA that was loaded. Something to note. My 32SA had Flexsteel furniture. It was nice, but the new coach ultra leather furniture seems to be a better quality. I don't know who is making it. It is heavier and thicker than my old coach. The driver and Passenger seats are head and shoulders better than my old units. You notice the difference as soon as you sit in them. The movable recliner is solid, and it is heavy to move, a good thing.

Well that's about it for now. When I do the full PDI I will let you know how I make out.

Regards

PAM aka HeadHunter
We have a 2019 Phaeton and looked at your color combo…I loved it but it was not available on the used market when we wanted to buy. I agree it is stunning! Congrats. I have to look up the breakfast televator?!

Well we picked up our coach last Friday. I sort of rushed the PDI. Unfortunately I knew more than the guy that was giving the PDI of the coach. I asked three different questions and he couldn't answer them . He had to leave and get help. Yeah well no big deal I knew what I was looking for. But they did correct about three or four items I requested before I picked it from my previous visit. I am missing the screen to the front door, go figure. Naturally they ordered it for me.

I drove the new Tiffin 33 AA home for 145 miles. I had my 2017 Jeep Sahara 4 door in tow. I had the dealership install a Safety Plus Stabilizer, and ordered me a set of snap pads that I installed myself when I got home.

Well for the past four days I have been testing everything. Slides, HWH Jacks, Fridge, Inverter, AC, Radio & Naviation setup, Solar Panels, Fit & Finish, cabinets, toilet, shower & sinks, generator, vacuum, lights, stereo, 4 TV's, sound system, Digital dash, & more. The only thing I came up with is the space is a bit excessive on my one bay door at the hinges underneath the drivers window. Maybe by 1/4 in. Yeah well I can live with that. I did notice on my Spydex Control panel that my generator was showing 762 Hrs on it. ???? How can that be, I checked the actual hrs on the generator itself and it said 16 hrs. Yeah well. LOL

My coach was throwing the excessive tire pressure codes for the TPMS before I picked it up. But my dealership sent it to Freight Liner and they re-flashed a sensor and everything is good, They set the tire pressure to 105 lbs all the way around. I will be getting the coach weighed and probably adjust the tire pressure accordingly. But the coach road really well on the way home.

I even got my crawler and and went underneath the coach to check everything out on the underside. Especially the installation of the Safety Plus Steering Stabilizer. I watched the installation of one on my previous coach and was well aware of what was needed. So far so good.

I will be taking our coach for a couple of days dry camping at the Hershey RV Show, then we will shoot down to Gettysburg for another three days of camping.

I am sure a couple of things will pop up on our maiden voyage. But so far I am impressed. Pandemic coach is looking really good. I really love the dark Mocha cabinets, with the white tile floor, and light colored counter tops.

JCP

Interesting read. We just traded our 2019 32SA in and got a 2017 Allegro Red 33AA. Night and day difference between the two units. Ours is pretty well optioned out, but no Aqua Hot, which is fine with me. It actually has more inside storage than the 32SA as we just finished loading it today. Tomorrow is the challenge, as I start loading the “bay”, as there is really only the slide tray and a few other cubbyholes. Guess I’ll figure out real quick what I really need vs nice to have,or just in Case.

Hi HD: You hit the nail on the head. You really only have the big slide out tray for major storage on the Red 33AA. I am now using bungee cords to hold down the stuff from shifting around. I all ready pulled out my Solar Wires for remote controller because a chair shifted, when I pulled out tray it pulled out the wires. Also be carefull of screws sticking out underneath of the sliding tray holding down plastic floor tray cover. Don't know if they did that on your year coach.

I am using all the other cubby holes to store some stuff in. The chassis battery compartment has room in the front for small items. The rear bay on drivers side where you access the air cleaner for the dealer is another one I stuck stuff in.

The only real way to test all the systems is to go camping for at least a few days. We just finished a 6 day camping trip. We boondocked for two days, and set up in Gettysburg for four days. I have some some things that have to be taken care of. I dropped of the coach at Stoltzfus RV for some fixes. It beats driving 1000 mile to Red Bay for service.

Like you I voted for no with that aqua hot setup. But I do have the Solar Panels, that don't work yet LOL, the heated floors, digital dash, WIFI ranger, and new to us washer & dryer. My wife absolutely loves them and the heated floors. I also opted for propane for gas stove and oven instead of all electric coach.

Let us know how you make out on your maiden voyage with your new coach.

Regards Jim P.

Latest resources

Back