5th wheel
RV Model
Montana High Country
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2019 Ram DRW
Fulltimer
Yes
I have a 2019 Ram dually and pull a 40’ Montana High Country 5th wheel. I need some new tires for my Ram and I’m wondering what brand I should buy? I believe you get what you pay for. I had a blowout on my 5’r this summer so I’m looking for quality.

Kirk
Salem,OR

I have found Michelin to be hard to beat. I have a set of Toyo Open Country on my 4 Runner and they have been good tires. Have 60,000 on them and will replace them with another set. Because of previous experiences with Goodyear I'll run on the rims before I go that way.

I do not tow today but the years I did most of the time I ran Michelin and never had a problem on the truck. The fifth wheel was another story on tires and blow outs.

My 21 ram drw came with Nexen tires. They are Korean made, but seem to be decent.

This is the model I have:

We tow a 28k horse trailer gooseneck and a 6k bumper pull. Tires feel very good compared to the chevys Cooper tires on my other truck.

As for trailers, I am only running goodyear endurance on the trailers. They are the best ST tire available. We put a lot of miles on trailers and have never had a blowout.

Will not use goodyear on motorhome or vehicles

I have found Michelin to be hard to beat. I have a set of Toyo Open Country on my 4 Runner and they have been good tires. Have 60,000 on them and will replace them with another set. Because of previous experiences with Goodyear I'll run on the rims before I go that way.
Thanks I appreciate your help.

This is the model I have:

We tow a 28k horse trailer gooseneck and a 6k bumper pull. Tires feel very good compared to the chevys Cooper tires on my other truck.
Thanks

As for trailers, I am only running goodyear endurance on the trailers. They are the best ST tire available. We put a lot of miles on trailers and have never had a blowout.

Will not use goodyear on motorhome or vehicles
This my first DRW p/u. Do people rotate the front tires to the back or just buy new? I had a guy tell me he buys two sets of fronts to one set of backs.

The wheels are setup so that rotating is only side to side, and not front to back.

Latest resources

Back