Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Chadlee76

RVF Newbee
Hello everyone, just purchased a 37' travel trailer. I owned a 28' jayco, but it was mostly parked down by the gulf on a fishing and hunting lease. I am going to be doing alot of traveling and having a harder time than expected finding the right truck. My main question is this, do I absolutely need 4 wheel drive or am I just limiting my search options. Thanks for any feedback and I probably could ask about 1000 more questions,,haha.Good to meet everyone and cant wait to start my trip.

It has been a while, but I towed a travel trailer with a 2WD truck for years. I can't think of any reason you would "need" 4wd unless you will be getting off-road or in difficult terrain. Certainly, 4wd can be handy and my last tow vehicle before moving to a motorhome was a Ford F-350 4wd.

My main concern in selecting a new tow vehicle would be on getting one with the proper tow ratings and enough power to get me up steep hills reasonably well. Pay attention to what the truck is rated to tow and what your trailer weighs, and you should be fine with either 2WD or 4wd.

Ohhh, and welcome to RVF. Glad to have you here.

TJ

Welcome to the RVF glad you’ve joined the group. Good luck purchasing your tow vehicle, @TJ&LadyDi has given good advice. Tow capacity is the key and remember to add enough weight to trailer for what personal items.

Welcome to RVForums.com @Chadlee76 - great to have you with us.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back