Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

SoThatJustHappened

RVF Newbee
Good day everyone. I'm new to the forums and RV'ing in general and I could use some help.

Current Situation: I am retiring from the US Navy in about 6 months after 20 years of service. I'm late 30's, my wife is mid 30's, and I have two young sons: 7 and 3. After much soul searching we have decided that perhaps the full time rv life is for us for the next few years and homeschool the boys. Get a chance to show them the nation outside of Metropolitan-Hell...you understand, I'm sure. Having looked at the different options of RV's I'm coming to the conclusion that the "best" fit for us would be a fifth wheel-toy hauler for a few things we want to be able to bring with us. But therein lies the rub: By my understanding having looked at these toy haulers, the garage area really is an "optional" area. By that I don't mean it comes from the factory with other options; I mean that the garage area may not necessarily be able to be set up.

For example: the family and I are headed somewhere, we are not there but need to stop for the night to eat and sleep. It is pouring down rain, or snowing, or we are in a rest area, or any of a number of reasons that we would NOT be able to empty the garage.

All the toy haulers I have seen, the garage doubles as a second bedroom or bunkroom. But in the above scenario, the boys bedroom is NOT optional...but the dining room/sofa would be. So now you can understand the source of my problem in this search:

Are there any fifth wheel toy haulers out there that come with a front master bedroom, center second bedroom, and the dining room/living room is in the back where the garage would be?

Please help me with this because I have been looking at floorplans for weeks and can't find a thing.

Thank you.

I’m sure if you plan on buying new, you could look into designing your unit yourself!
You would be best served going to an RV dealer and talking it over. Mind you it may involve a significant wait at the manufacturing plant.
In my opinion I would stay away from Camping World, again it is my opinion based on multiple purchases from CW.
Another idea to keep in mind there are some dealers that offer what they call a “Forever Warranty” it covers 99.9% of all parts within the unit. Where most factory warrantees fall short with just a years coverage! Research it, it came free with my motorhome. And I’ve used it for three different repairs at no cost. ie: refrigerator circuit board, water heater circuit board, & outside ladder! Again in my opinion at 60 it’s worth it for me, so it’s worth the yearly fee!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back