New Top Gun Movie

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

"EZ"

Internet Forum Junkie since there was dial up!
RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Holiday Rambler
RV Model
Ambassador
RV Length
40'
TOW/TOAD
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Anybody else gone to see the new Top Gun movie yet? Crystal and I went tonight while we are on vacation. It was great!! I was pleasantly surprised. Most sequels fall far short of the original. But this one did everything it could to uphold the original and pay homage to it without turning the whole thing into a stupidity contest like some movies do. I have to admit, ol' Tom Cruise looks pretty good considering the original movie was over 35 years ago. :oops:

I haven't even seen the first one 😄

I guess I'm gonna have to go. Just waiting to go this week so I'm not in germ central with the C seemingly re-emerging.

Rona Hazmat GIF by KING OF THE ROAD

Going today ... Not a Tom Cruise fan but I really like Maverick ... go figure 😉 The trailer looks awesome.

Add On: Went to a matinee with a small crowd. Senior prices were less than the popcorn and sodas 🤔
The movie was awesome. As stated previously, they stuck with the story line and the flying scenes were very real. Worth every penny...

Yes...Val Kilmer struggled but was an important component to the story...

Last edited:
It was the first movie in a theatre since covid shut us down.

And it was excellent, read up on Val Kilmer

Anybody else gone to see the new Top Gun movie yet? Crystal and I went tonight while we are on vacation. It was great!! I was pleasantly surprised. Most sequels fall far short of the original. But this one did everything it could to uphold the original and pay homage to it without turning the whole thing into a stupidity contest like some movies do. I have to admit, ol' Tom Cruise looks pretty good considering the original movie was over 35 years ago. :oops:
We saw it…not much story line but loved TC and the planes, amazing! And of course the music. Def recommend!

Well, tonight I went to see it. Just got home, still a little raw with emotions.

In 1986 I saw the original. I had already gotten my private pilot's license and was in college (VMI) in Air Force ROTC with a dream, one dream, to fly. I was one of four that got pilot slots in my class, in the Air Force ROTC. I got accepted into Euro Nato Joint Jet Pilot Training in Sheppard AFB, Texas. A unique pilot training course where all that graduated went to fighters. I went to A-10's. My first assignment: Desert Shield followed by Desert Storm.

In 1995 I graduated Fighter Weapons School, the culmination of my dream, the dream of any and every fighter pilot. A moment of which I am most proud.

Seeing the movie tonight rekindled a lot of those memories and dreams and reminded me to continue and pursue my dreams. Many will try to prevent you from living your dream, you have to persevere and stay focused and remember your dream. No matter the age, we all have dreams and should continue to pursue them.

Yeah, it's a movie, but movies such as this have a purpose. This purpose hits deep with me. My life was a dream for many and I have to remind myself how lucky I am to have had the opportunities I had. I'm fortunate to have had the opportunity to see this movie tonight. A great story.

Well, tonight I went to see it. Just got home, still a little raw with emotions.

In 1986 I saw the original. I had already gotten my private pilot's license and was in college (VMI) in Air Force ROTC with a dream, one dream, to fly. I was one of four that got pilot slots in my class, in the Air Force ROTC. I got accepted into Euro Nato Joint Jet Pilot Training in Sheppard AFB, Texas. A unique pilot training course where all that graduated went to fighters. I went to A-10's. My first assignment: Desert Shield followed by Desert Storm.

In 1995 I graduated Fighter Weapons School, the culmination of my dream, the dream of any and every fighter pilot. A moment of which I am most proud.

Seeing the movie tonight rekindled a lot of those memories and dreams and reminded me to continue and pursue my dreams. Many will try to prevent you from living your dream, you have to persevere and stay focused and remember your dream. No matter the age, we all have dreams and should continue to pursue them.

Yeah, it's a movie, but movies such as this have a purpose. This purpose hits deep with me. My life was a dream for many and I have to remind myself how lucky I am to have had the opportunities I had. I'm fortunate to have had the opportunity to see this movie tonight. A great story.
Wow Neal. I had no idea. Thanks for sharing!! :oops:

I agree. Art is important- it moves us and inspires us and is a universal communication....
My husband watches parts of "Gladiator" when he's on the elliptical- I finally bought a copy of the movie for him. It's the opening, prebattle scenes that really get him - the bird, and then how his face changes when he remembers his duty. Bob is my ❤️

Latest resources

Back