Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wr Sahara
Fulltimer
No
So much to learn. Back in Dec our tire sensors started malfunctioning. Bought all new and 4 more for a Jeep I had yet to purchase. Everything was installed into our 2016 King Aire and 2018 Wrangler (toad). I stupidly thought that I could just sit and program these back into my coach. Turns out when I called the Valor rep (Don Rigby-nice man) he said "do you have the Smart Tire programmer?" What is that I asked? Well you can't program your sensors without it. So he is sending it 1day air UPS so I can do this before we leave. Who knew? Anyone else have to go through this? Also what tire pressures to you run in your rig? Forever learning!!!!

@NWIP discussed in this suggestion thread.

So much to learn. Back in Dec our tire sensors started malfunctioning. Bought all new and 4 more for a Jeep I had yet to purchase. Everything was installed into our 2016 King Aire and 2018 Wrangler (toad). I stupidly thought that I could just sit and program these back into my coach. Turns out when I called the Valor rep (Don Rigby-nice man) he said "do you have the Smart Tire programmer?" What is that I asked? Well you can't program your sensors without it. So he is sending it 1day air UPS so I can do this before we leave. Who knew? Anyone else have to go through this? Also what tire pressures to you run in your rig? Forever learning!!!!
I would suggest that you set your baseline slightly higher (5psi) than you actually set your pressure at. This will allow a small buffer for high temp warnings.

When the federal government mandated tire pressure sensors it was to avoid the higher fuel consumption from underinflated tires. It had nothing whatsoever to do with safety. The tire pressure fluctuates with my vehicles' tires depending upon how much sun is hitting the sidewalls and increases when the tires heat up from flexing while driving. The exact tire pressure is of no concern.

Once a month I check the tire pressures and if one is 2 lbs low I will make a note and check it again a week later. If I have a slow leak I will look for a nail or staple and if I find nothing I will wait until the next time the tires are to be rotated and have the shop check the tire mounting. Often the problem is how the tire was mounted on the rim and not the result of a failing valve.

With my vehicles I did not need a special device to resync the sensor sending units but could set the vehicle computer into test mode and then in sequence let air out of the tires until the computer recognized the tire. It would take 2-5 lbs of pressure reduction so more air needed to be added when I was done but it does work. One thing with the testers is that they depend on a specific frequency and so I found that the one for my GM vehicles will not work on our Toyota.

What a weekend! The sensor I supposedly needed arrived. We headed out. Turns out the sensor does not work with Triptix. A rep was suppose to help me but could not because of his schedule. For 2 days I tried to make sense out of the program that was written out by someone from a different country and no clue how to actually input this. I was able to complete the coach and the toad. I know the pressures need to be tweeked and the cold inflate will need to be adjusted so alarms don't keep going off but at lest this is done. I will send the loaner sensor back at hope to get a 50$ refund.

Latest resources

Back