Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question New TSD Open Roads fuel card app issues?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TJ&LadyDi

RVF "Dinosaur"
Anyone else having problems with the new TSD Open Roads fuel card app? When I open it on my iPad, it says it can't find any fuel sources within 150 miles. Opening the same app on my iPhone 6S shows several in the same 150-mile range.

It worked on the iPad when I first set it up, but now doesn't. To my knowledge, I have not changed anything in the iPad settings but it and the iPhone have recently been upgraded to IOS 14.01. Any thoughts on why it would work on one device and not the other?

TJ

You're the guinea pig, in electronics the early adopters always have to wade thru the sludge of bugs.

I'm an android guy so not out yet but when it is I'll wait a while before trying it.

I will say were are very happy with TSD overall, just give it some time they'll work it out.

Maybe report it to them as it's a beta and defer to the original app. Or it's a sign not to leave Polson??

Haven’t upgraded IOS on my iPad and I get 4 locations within search area, Polson. Is your iPhone using same IOS.
Travel safe.

My iPad is running 14.0.1 and the app is working fine. Same number of locations as found on iPhone (13.6.1).

Haven’t upgraded IOS on my iPad and I get 4 locations within search area, Polson. Is your iPhone using same IOS.
Travel safe.
Yes, both the iPhone and the iPad are using the newest IOS 14.01. The new app still works on IOS 14.01 on the iPhone but doesn't on the iPad. And, the iPad app did work prior to the upgrade. Now that I check, the old app version now doesn't work on the iPad either. Still does on the iPhone. Hmmmm.

Beginning to look like th issue might be related to the recent upgrade of both devices to IOS 14.01. I do know that there are differences between the iPhone and iPad versions of the same IOS. As long as one works, we are fine.

We are scheduled to leave Polson on Friday morning. Our departure was delayed a day because we wanted our special detailer (aka "Arnie") to do a full body wax and the weather doesn't look favorable for that until Wednesday or Thursday.

TJ

My iPad is running 14.0.1 and the app is working fine. Same number of locations as found on iPhone (13.6.1).
Which iPad are you using? How old is it? Mine is a few years old and that could be the issue. Time for a new iPad? Think LadyDi will buy that excuse after having just bought me a Garmin 890? ;)

TJ

29C97723-19AC-4B5E-B0CE-1784B50B8578.jpeg

OK...you have a 6th generation iPad. Mine is a 2nd generation iPad Air 2 (vintage 2016). Looks like I may need to start currying favor with LadyDi. :ROFLMAO:

TJ

Latest resources

Back