Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Landbarron55

RVF Newbee
New to RVing, but retiring. Looking for advice on 1st RV trailer to own. I plan to initially use every 5-6 weeks, park/store on private property in north Mississippi (Still want to live in Florida). Electricity and water hookup available. Want quality, but not lavish. Need separate queen bedroom with walk around area, ample toilet facilities with full sized shower. Pullouts okay, decent kitchen, extra sleeping a plus, easy chairs for relaxing. No 5th wheel. Have 2 wheel drive 2500.
I know some things are user preferences, but model, trends and quality are facts.
Any advice is welcome.
Thanks in advance.

Why no fiver? You can have more room in them for the length. BUT when you go looking at trailers you need to watch the numbers. First is the cargo carrying capacity of your truck (should be on the door sticker). From that number subtract the weight of all passengers and anything else you plan on carrying in the truck. The number left is how much tongue weight you can have. When you look at the numbers for the trailer DO NOT go by the dry weight. You will never pull it at that weight. Go by the GVW. then figure 10 to 15 % (10 is low so figure 15%) will be your tongue weight. Just remember, the salesman will tell you you can "tow anything on the lot". DON'T believe him.......... Go by the weights.

New to RVing, but retiring. Looking for advice on 1st RV trailer to own. I plan to initially use every 5-6 weeks, park/store on private property in north Mississippi (Still want to live in Florida). Electricity and water hookup available. Want quality, but not lavish. Need separate queen bedroom with walk around area, ample toilet facilities with full sized shower. Pullouts okay, decent kitchen, extra sleeping a plus, easy chairs for relaxing. No 5th wheel. Have 2 wheel drive 2500.
I know some things are user preferences, but model, trends and quality are facts.
Any advice is welcome.
Thanks in advance.
Take a look at the open range line or grand designs. They both seem to be just a bit better in build and features on the travel trailer side.

I get the pull trailer! If not for Saundra's feelings that is what I would have. The up side is any large enough truck can pull it off the road should your truck quit. This can be a great point.

Latest resources

Back