Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

cjosatx

RVF Regular
Hello out there, I have a 2002 VW Vista and i'm trying to figure out how to use the onboard water. when i connect it to city supply it works fine but when i try to use onboard water it doesn't work.
I turned water pump on and i can hear ir making noise but nothing comes out. Is there a water valve i need to turn?

You say you can hear the water pimp, does it eventually quiet down? Pump may have lost its prime.

There should not be any valve to engage when using tank water. If pump continually runs it is not building enough pressure to use the water from the tank. This can be caused by pump being bad, sucking air caused by leaking fitting or no prime in the pump.

There should not be any valve to engage when using tank water. If pump continually runs it is not building enough pressure to use the water from the tank. This can be caused by pump being bad, sucking air caused by leaking fitting or no prime in the pump.
Thanks, I will check into it...

Also, did you turn off the city water before starting the pump?

Not familiar with with the Vista, but most MH's, there is a valve marked something on the order of city and fill. The fill directs the water to the tank and if you turn the pump on it just pulls it out of the tank, circulates it around and dumps back in the tank and never builds pressure. If there is such a valve on yours, it would most llikely be located where where your water and sewer connections are, exterior shower, etc.

i saw two valves there by sewer drain but i think there drain valves. there's one under the sink to but i think that one is to winterize it...

The first question is are you sure there's water in the freshwater tank? That is where the water pump will get its water. Frequently, the FW tank does not fill automatically; you may have to activate a valve to fill it.

If yes, then (as others have suggested) you may need to prime the pump (i.e. get water into the pump). Without seeing your system, t is hard to tell you specifically how to do it. Some RVs have an outside hand shower in the area where the pump and valves are. Opening the hand shower valves will frequently let enough water drain into the pump to give it a prime.

TJ

Latest resources

Back