RV Make
Fleetwood
RV Model
Pop up tent trailer
TOW/TOAD
2000 Ford Ranger 4x4 4.0L Automatic
Fulltimer
No
Hi, My name is Lane I'm 70 and my wife is 71. We're both retired and enjoying the heck out of it. We currently own a 2005 Fleetwood popup tent trailer. We are not happy with it. The beds are terribly uncomfortable for our old bones. We've added a layer of foam, it helped but still not good enough for a good nights sleep. We've only slept in it for one night at a time because we get very achy.

I can't tow very big trailer with my 2000 Ford Ranger, 4x4, Extended Cab, 4.0 L V6. This tent trailer at a little over 2000 empty is the limit. If I put on a load distributing hitch I can go up to 6000 pounds. But don't know if I want to.

I'm looking for the smallest, lightest trailer I can find that doesn't mean we have to raise the roof or slide out the beds like we do now. Our must haves include a reasonable bed size like a queen, a toilet, a stove, sink, refer.

I've been looking at a lot of trailers of all kinds of brands and just about all of them have a separate shower stall. We don't want a shower stall at all, nor a bathroom sink. Just a toilet.
Can anyone suggest something like this?
Appreciate it.

Attachments

• TentTrailer.jpg
    TentTrailer.jpg
    917.2 KB · Views: 2
Casita likely has a model that fits your needs, but they’re around 2,500 pounds

This article has several options. Some have showers but many do not:

also Google “trailers without showers” and you’ll get even more options

Casita likely has a model that fits your needs, but they’re around 2,500 pounds

This article has several options. Some have showers but many do not:

also Google “trailers without showers” and you’ll get even more options
Thank you for those suggestions. I will check them out.

I would say you would need to look at a Wolf Pup or I think the nomenclature for the Coleman is a 17BH or something of that nature. But in all reality, a WDH is not going to do nothing more than distribute the weight to keep the tow vehicle, well, essentially more balanced if set up right. I would not tow a TT regardless of size and my tow trucks ability without one.

So look to those two mentioned above as a start point and there may be a few others on the market that may even be lighter. Remember that number that is even more important……payload rating with whatever you go with.

I would say you would need to look at a Wolf Pup or I think the nomenclature for the Coleman is a 17BH or something of that nature. But in all reality, a WDH is not going to do nothing more than distribute the weight to keep the tow vehicle, well, essentially more balanced if set up right. I would not tow a TT regardless of size and my tow trucks ability without one.

So look to those two mentioned above as a start point and there may be a few others on the market that may even be lighter. Remember that number that is even more important……payload rating with whatever you go with.
Thank you for that advice. I'm new to RV towing, and have never towed anything with a WDH. Having towed only utility trailers a few times. I can understand why you would say that. I was very surprised at how much my tent trailer effected the way the Ranger drove. Thanks for the other suggestions as well. I will look into them.

Thank you for that advice. I'm new to RV towing, and have never towed anything with a WDH. Having towed only utility trailers a few times. I can understand why you would say that. I was very surprised at how much my tent trailer effected the way the Ranger drove. Thanks for the other suggestions as well. I will look into them.
The key is you get the right setup so the tail does not wag the dog so to speak.

Latest resources

Back