Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

BobW

RVF Newbee
Hi all. In process of taking delivery of my first RV, a 2016 Berkshire 38QS. Buying from a Lazy Day location. Extended Warranty from Lazy Day. 1 year = $2500. Looking for opinions.

Hi all. In process of taking delivery of my first RV, a 2016 Berkshire 38QS. Buying from a Lazy Day location. Extended Warranty from Lazy Day. 1 year = $2500. Looking for opinions.
Don't by the extended warranty from the dealer.
I bought a Good Sam extended warranty directly from Good Sam. The dealer wanted around $400 more for the same warranty.

Just my experience.

If it were me I would try to get a 90 warranty on it for nothing from the dealer, then depending on the miles and/or maintenance records probably wouldn't buy an extended service plan.

I have had two multi year warranties and never used either one. The good part is it’s there if you feel comfortable having one to cover a big expense and if you cancel before the term ends they will rebate you the unused portion. (Read the fine print).

However they are expensive and the dealer gets paid well for pushing them. If you are a fix it person then I’d say no need because things will and do break and you can address it yourself. It really depends on your comfort level.

I like what @FL-JOE suggested get something for nothing from the dealer for the first 90 days. That’s when issues will pop up possibly from using your new purchase.

What do MH warrantee usually cover and exclude? I know the descriptions can run multiple pages of fine print, but a general answer would be good enough. Leaks, generator failure, drivetrain/chassis issues? Probably excludes wear items like shocks, brake pads, batteries, etc.
Never mind...I found my answer here: Coverage for Motorhomes | Extended Service Plan | Good Sam

Last edited:
That is a tough question to answer as you can imagine the list is long and different by provider. I had the AGWS plan on both coaches. Here is the link it describes in limited detail what is covered by plan type. As usual, the more coverage you want the more it costs.

Latest resources

Back