Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

darmoose

RVF Newbee
Hello all. I am a new owner of a 21" hybrid trailer, a 2015 flagstaff shamrock. My wife and I want to do a little camping and traveling for the first time in our lives. My trailer currently has 2 interstate wet cell batteries that are in need of replacement. I have a 3800 watt Wen generator that I bought for the trailer as well. I am considering purchasing a Battle born 100ah lithium battery, mainly for the increased ah capacity, but also because I want less maintenance. I do not currently plan to install any solar as we don't do much boondocking, although we do go to "harvest host" sites at times where there is not power hookups. Does this plan make sense, as far as using lithium batteries without solar, and charging it with my generator or when plugged in to power. Is it reasonable to expect that between trips the lithium battery will hold charge for a month or two at a time with no problems?

Lithium has a cccv charge requirement. That means the converter needs to have a lithium setting. More than likely the amp hr of the interstate batteries should be about 100ah, discharged to 50% 100ah usable. 100ah battle born discharged to 30% charge is 70ah usable,
Cycle life is likely 360 to 400cycles on the interstate, and 2000cycles on the battle born.

roughly 4 times the cycles on the battle born than the interstate. How does that compare price wise? AGMs have double the life cycles of flooded. so 1/3 the life of battle born. I like LTO batteries, for both safety and cycle life.

Kevin that made my head hurt!!
Headache I Cant GIF by Solomon Ray

Latest resources

Back