• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

brndthm1959

RVF Regular
Hello,
We are new RV owners. We should have read through the posts first before buying, however in trusting our gut and God, we bought a 2000 NewMar class A. Haven’t drove it yet. It’s been stored while not in use in a cave. As newbies what do we need to make certain is looked at before inspections. We need all the tips we can get.
Thanks for your thoughts.

Attachments

• DBADDEEB-FF27-4767-B7E8-3C2AA2DB32F6.jpeg
    DBADDEEB-FF27-4767-B7E8-3C2AA2DB32F6.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 22
  • C1086553-B9DA-4D29-A789-458ABD715CE7.jpeg
    C1086553-B9DA-4D29-A789-458ABD715CE7.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 22
  • 49A2CBEB-9CD6-4243-ABBB-AD6991BD9733.jpeg
    49A2CBEB-9CD6-4243-ABBB-AD6991BD9733.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 22
Welcome from Georgia! Hope it turns out well for you.

Hello,
We are new RV owners. We should have read through the posts first before buying, however in trusting our gut and God, we bought a 2000 NewMar class A. Haven’t drove it yet. It’s been stored while not in use in a cave. As newbies what do we need to make certain is looked at before inspections. We need all the tips we can get.
Thanks for your thoughts.
A 20+ year old motor home will have a lot of history. It's hard enough to keep the new ones stuck together, an older coach will certainly be a challenge. But you've come to the right place. Lots of us have had older RV's and lived to talk about it. :)

Welcome to the forum!

We finally drove it to a dealer. I’m sure we will spend a bit to get it passing inspection, but will be cheaper than a new one . I’ll update you when we find out things.?

Welcome from Louisiana and congrats on your purchase! Keep us updated.

Me thinks you did good. don't think you will have problems getting into parks with that, and the money you saved.... You liked what you saw in all its wear, so have what breaks fixed and know the deal was good. Not quite like those that buy new and expect everything to work the way it doesn't.

Oh Yah! Taking it in for a safety inspection is the best Idea, and it seems you are doing that. Make sure it won't leave you along side the road with mechanical issues. Then take it on a shake down cruise. My interpretation of that would be:
put it in a park and spend a week or two logging any problems with hookups, leaks, making sure everything works and any problems making things work can be brought to light here. You know like where is the switch, or how do I get the ???? working. Plenty of help here.

I’m happy we only spent 16500 dollars for it. So far the RV place we took it to said there is more things right about it then wrong. They said heat is not working and need to trace it. We said the house batteries need replaced and that may be the problem. You think they would have checked that or maybe they did and hooked up to a different source to check it. I don’t know. Anyway, we told them that when dropped off. They are 2006 batteries. As far as the breaks, the previous owner replaced the break line and showed us the paperwork on it. Anyway. after the house gets checked out with the 50 point inspection and all things fixed, It’s on to the chassis and engine inspection at the same place. ?? Question? The previous owner has Montana places for obvious reasons. What is everyone’s experience with getting Registering in Montana with a coach of this age? Worth it or not?
Thanks for everyone’s encouragement.
Brenda

Latest resources

Back