Newby

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

RVF Regular
New to traveling with a camper. I am looking forward to this adventure. I have a question about finding safe routes regarding overpass heights. What is the best site for this information?
Thanks, Dennis

Attachments

• E5C51A5B-569C-473B-9B30-8A0BF23D2A18.jpeg
    E5C51A5B-569C-473B-9B30-8A0BF23D2A18.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 5
I think you're probably OK most places except in the NE. They seem to have a lot of low RR overpasses and bridges. You didn't fill out your profile so I don't know where you live, but down here in the South you won't find many and the ones that are here are well marked. At least the ones I've seen are. And you have to get off the interstates to find them.

Thanks, I live in southern Illinois. I also need to watch out for the low canopy at fuel stations. I do have an older Garmin that we used on the motorcycle. I wonder if that can be upgraded.
Dennis

Welcome @Newbie to the forum. I use a Garmin RV nav system that allows you to put in the specific such as height, etc.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089DMTQFT/?tag=rvf01-20

I also use the motor carrier atlas it list low clearances via route and state.
Bill is right on the mark with the Motor Carrier Road Atlas for pre-trip planning. It will show you low clearance points on your route, though it can't help you for fuel station canopies. That's up to you and your "spotter," if you are traveling with one.

As for upgrading a non-RV Garmin GPS to how overhead clearances, I think you will find that is not possible.

TJ

Latest resources

Back