Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Things have gone downhill at Newmar since the time I bought my coach in 2017. Obviously business has picked up for them, production is increased, all great things, but obviously they have not increased from the customer perspective customer service. People can't get timely responses by email, phone service is doing nothing but frustrating people, they can't get through, hold times, no callbacks, etc. I used the 24/7 number on the driver's side window shortly after buying my coach for a chassis issue, not airing up due to a sticking shuttle valve and got great support from Erica even on a Sunday with Freightliner's on call rep conferenced in. Fixed my issue and on I went. I have not needed to call this number until today for the issue in this thread with my FWS not coming in. Yes, today is Easter but 24/7 advertised emergency service, one of the reasons we choose Newmar, a major point sales folks boast about Newmar, knows no holidays.

This morning I put in a call, it went to JOHN who's voicemail box was FULL. I was left completely on my own, epic fail of Newmar's emergency hotline. It's one thing to leave a message, it's another that a mailbox is full and completely unattended to for who knows how long so that customers are not receiving the help they paid for and Newmar is known for.

I fixed my issue thankfully but this yet another black mark on Newmar's report card. This is not the Newmar many of us came to love and know. This is sad.

As a follow up, I don't know if Newmar advertises days that the service is available or not. If it is advertised NO HOLIDAYS then my apologies. My understanding is it's 24/7/365.

When I need to talk to "customer service". especially on technical issues, I go to the mirror and talk to myself.
What's bad, It usually works.. LOL

BUT to your point, If they let customer service go, they will let quality go as well.

When we first got our coach in late '15, a call to Newmar would be met with concern and knowledge to repair any problems. Lately when I call, it almost seems as if I know more about the coach than they do. I'm afraid it's slipping that way and I don't see it returning to it's earlier quality. Sad.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back