Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Not quite but through next August is booked as I'm trying to schedule a visit for next year for minor work and whatever else comes up between now and then. It seems they are booking much faster and longer out but I think there could be several reasons for this:
  1. Manpower problems like everywhere else. They don't have enough tech's for service. Last I was there I noticed how thin the staff looked in the service center.
  2. Much higher workload for warranty work due to quality issues we are all hearing about and coaches coming back spending weeks and quite frankly a sum total of several months after taking delivery of their new coach. If you think about the cost of labor and how long people are having to come back for Newmar's Q/A or lack thereof is costing them a fortune having to fix all of the production issues.
  3. People like me that prefer only Newmar do the work on our coaches
  4. People booking appointments just in case they need service and may later cancel

To add to this, the number of Newmar coaches on the road has increased quite a bit since they designed that service center. The campground seems to be always at max capacity Mon-Wed with the balance of the week allowing any scheduled work that is taking longer than estimated to have multiple tech's assigned. I have to say that they manage this facility quite well based on our two visits there.

I'm booking my service now, options are late November and later. I requested first week of December.

Hold...Phil just booked me for 12-5-2022 and he said availability was late Nov through March and I thought that was a year out. Awaiting clarification. I can't make it this December so I'm seeing what's available. I'm guessing there are near term appointments for those wanting a winter visit.

Phil says they have availability late Nov 2022 through March 2023 and then next available is late October 2023. I'm requesting first week of Nov 2023 for whomever wants to join me at Dutchmaid!!

Oh man... the pancakes and the cinnamon rolls there.. wish we could join you but we just left!!

Oh man... the pancakes and the cinnamon rolls there.. wish we could join you but we just left!!
Just had their blueberry jam this am!

Latest resources

Back