• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Newmar Factory Pickup (FPU/CPU) and Dealer Deliveries

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
The price I negotiated in 2019 was $3k in July of 2019!

Noticed replies reference NEWMAR (FPU/CPU) program in "Gus2000's" post about Ceramic coatings, and thought We could have more discussion about CPU in this thread.

1) In 2019 "fees were negotiable, and I paid $3,000.....I believe the fee was $5,000
2) Some commented that the fees were not negotiable. True or not?
3) Others have paid varying amounts, so it would seem the fees "may" be negotiable!
4) I believe @Joe Hogan commented about a $6,000 fee when he picked up his new Dutch Star.
5) And was there a comment that the fee is now $6,500?
6) At what point does one feel the "fee" is no longer worthwhile?
7) Is the education garnered & the fixes/repairs done while there, justify the expense?

I believe that the $3,000 I paid was certainly worthwhile, due to the education received, and the repairs/fixes that were done during our 5 day stay.
Were I to buy another Newmar, would I pay the significant increase in the FPU/CPU fee? I honestly don't know. Part of me says "Yes" because of the services received, and part says "No" because the expense is now more than double.

There is no right or wrong answer....it is what is right for each of us, as individuals!:unsure:

I suggest keeping the thread on topic of Ceramic coating and paint correction. Feel free to start a new thread on FPU/CPU as desired.

Woops, I didn't realize this was the different thread. Never mind.

Good Morning Drinking GIF by University of Phoenix

Thank you @Jabber Jaw as the other thread was off topic going into factory pickup etc.

My order was discounted by 28% and that included FPU, which at the time was $5K. As part of the total, I consider it discounted.

It was worth it to me. Up until last Nov, this coach had been near flawless. I do not trust any dealership to present me with a coach in the condition Newmar provided me.

My experience with my Winnebago class B bears that out.

Would I pay $10K for FPU on a new one? Probably. Considering a new DS is about $200K more expensive today, $10K is a rounding error. (OK, not literally, but you know what I mean)

1) In 2019 "fees were negotiable, and I paid $3,000.....I believe the fee was $5,000

In 21 it was not negotiable, nor now according to 3 dealers. From what I was told, it was never really negotiable, the dealer found somewhere to get a discount

2) Some commented that the fees were not negotiable. True or not?

True - read above

3) Others have paid varying amounts, so it would seem the fees "may" be negotiable!

Read above

4) I believe @Joe Hogan commented about a $6,000 fee when he picked up his new Dutch Star.

I was quoted 6k by three dealers. I never planned on doing it, was curious

5) And was there a comment that the fee is now $6,500?

6k on a SS in the last few months

6) At what point does one feel the "fee" is no longer worthwhile?

At 4k I had no interest in doing it. I do not believe in rewarding them for something they should be doing. I have a warranty and many issues I can fix once diagnosed, otherwise its a 2 day drive to Nappanee

7) Is the education garnered & the fixes/repairs done while there, justify the expense?

Maybe for a first timer. or someone really upgrading and its all new to them. A good dealer like NIRVC have a pretty thorough PDI and let you stay on site a few days.

Just my personal opinion

Latest resources

Back