• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Newmar Factory Pickup (FPU/CPU) and Dealer Deliveries

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Al: How far in advance did you make the appt with the Ford Dealer?

Also, why Sumos only on the front?

Last edited:
In my case , I called about 60 days in advance, because that's when I got all the parts.
I would think 1- 2 weeks should be adequate. I'm confident Jared will work with you .

Thanks for the reply. I am also doing a factory pickup, so I want coordinate it so as not to take time away from that. I could not get a pickup date early enough not to put me in a bit of a time crunch. When Newmar contacts me, I will coordinate with them.

Any reason you did not put Sumos all around?

Thanks for the reply. I am also doing a factory pickup, so I want coordinate it so as not to take time away from that. I could not get a pickup date early enough not to put me in a bit of a time crunch. When Newmar contacts me, I will coordinate with them.

Any reason you did not put Sumos all around?
I think the Konis with the rear trac bar help it handle as well, and a good bit cheaper.
Just finished an 800 mile trip down I-95 and am impressed with the handling.
Only felt a few bad spots in the road and a few bridge transitions.

Anyone know it they have and install MaxAir vent covers at the factory, or do I have to take it to a dealer to add these?

It is easy to do on your own, I did mine. Your FPU tech can do things for you at the labor rate after the FPU is completed if there is time remaining in the week. Those covers take about 5-10 minutes each to install, less after the first one and you have it figured out.

Thanks. I think there is only one. I try to avoid drilling holes. I will bring one with me. There are several other modifications, I would gladly pay for. Perhaps I should schedule the Ford chassis work for the next week, if they can't get it all done on Sat.

The most valuable time was at the Factory Service department annual service for warranty work. After tha RV has been used for a year many items that are covered show up. These items show only after some use and would not exist at time of delivery
This was our experience as well. And, the Newmar techs working on our coach were fantastic. We had four guys working on the coach for a full week and, when two post-service issues popped up on the day we left Nappanee, they had us come back and the same crew spent another 10 days resolving the two issues. And, Newmar put us up in a hotel because the coach was not useable while it was being worked on. IMHO, that is spectacular customer service.

TJ

Thanks. I think there is only one. I try to avoid drilling holes. I will bring one with me. There are several other modifications, I would gladly pay for. Perhaps I should schedule the Ford chassis work for the next week, if they can't get it all done on Sat.
Installing MaxAir vent covers shouldn't involve drilling holes. The ones I have installed (did it myself) used clips to attach them to the vents.

TJ

You do have to drill holes in the original bracket, but not the roof. At least for the version I installed.

2019 DSDP 4369 * Active Air * NHSO

Latest resources

Back