Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Newmar Gasser's - Engine Noise Reduction Projects (F53-V8)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

DaveW-NBS

RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Bay Star
RV Length
Fulltimer
No
OK, first off this is for front-engine gas units - sorry but eventually we'll move up ......

What have you done to improve the noise coming from the engine area? Insulation on the underside of the dog-house? Foam or batt? How did you attach? Has it de-tached?

Primarily interested in the new F53 V8 applications, but any fix would be appreciated!

Dave

I have the Titan V-10. When remodeling, I laid down a nice 1/2” foam carpet pad under the new carpet On the floor and dog house. Then used under hood engine insulation under the dog house. It help, but you will never really get ride of the noise totally. I do find now that I hear more wind noise, so driving 60-65 instead of 70-75 helped there. :). Get rid of one noise you find another.

For my 2020 Newmar Canyon Star, I ordered two products through Amazon.
Dynamat Dynapad 21100 32"x54"x 1/2" Hood pad for sound deadening. Installed that first, under the dog-house.
Dynamat Hoodliner 11905 32"x54"x3/4" Hood pad for heat reflection. Installed that to the Dynapad, with the aluminum side down for heat reflection.
Since the coach was new, I left the factory padding installed. It's been over a year, & all is well.
YES, this did cut down on engine noise! However, when the V-10 is "taching" 4000-5000 RPM, it's gonna make some noise!
Is it worth the effort, for me, definitely!
Recommend that you get a 2-3 of the 12" wide strips, and install them along the lower portion of the dog-house; which I think would cut down the noise even more. (speculation)
Good Luck!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00069QLVC/?tag=rvf01-20

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001KM5IZO/?tag=rvf01-20

Thank you!!!! Waiting to take delivery of my 2021 Bay Star - will be one of my first mods!

Dave

On my BayStar I never found it problematic enough to do anything.

Latest resources

Back