Newmar
RV Model
London Aire 4551
RV Length
Chassis
Spartan
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
From another resource -- posted here to ensure everyone is aware of the Wifi Ranger security issues.

Originally Posted by docj View Post
With all due respect, this is not an accurate position of WiFiRanger's position on this issue. Newmar had explicitly informed WiFiRanger that it was not WiFiRanger's role to involve itself in security issues relating to the Newmar Management Network installed on Newmar coaches using WiFiRanger hardware.

I discussed this in detail with you on the phone. I made it very clear the security risk that was present. I also made it very clear that I owned the equipment in my coach, not Newmar. This was equipment WifiRanger provided, and I purchased.

You sent the information to Mark, who made it very clear that that Newmar was your customer---NOT ME.

I only brought it to your attention because I assumed as the OEM you had clients beyond that of Newmar, and you might want to show your customers (ie: myself and other coach owners) that you take security seriously when managing our data.

Newmar did the right thing. I am very happy to be a Newmar customer.

Here is the unedited response from Mark.

Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2022 3:14 PM
To: Ronnie F. Moller, Jr. <[email protected]>
Cc: Joel Weiss <[email protected]>; Randy Keyes <[email protected]>
Subject: Newmar management network access

Mr. Moller,

It is my understanding that you have been speaking to Mr. Joel Weiss about gaining access to the login information for your Newmar motorcoach management network.

We are not at liberty to give any of this information out for any of the OEM customers that sell systems to due to legal and contractual reasons.

This is a request you will have to make to Newmar directly.

Sincerely,

Mark

You simply had to point me to the /admin url and the default username and password that newmar outlined. This was not private to Newmar at all, since it was a stock configuration.

Newmar setting a trivial password for the management network is really their bad.

But, folks, change your password now that the secret is out!

Latest resources

Back