Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TxSker

RVF Newbee
I know what is coming so I won't be terribly surprised but looking for input on my setup. I'll be towing a Passport GT 2870RL with a 2020 Nissan Titan 1/2 Ton with a Blue Ox Sway Pro WDH hitch.

Titan
7100 GVWR
5500 GVW
15300 GCVWR
9370 TOW CAPACITY
1600 PAYLOAD

Passport 2870RL
6850 DRY
8600 GVWR (Creating a list of cargo looks like we will be about 7650 - 7750 loaded)
860 TW

Initially will be not be pulling far or through hilly terrain. Mostly flat and 2-5 hours away. At some point though will be taking longer trips. I know a 3/4 ton will pull better but based on my calculations I'll be within the trucks limits and should be ok, close on payload but not over.

Do you have anything covering the bed of the truck? Aerodynamics does play a part in towing comfortably and fuel mileage.

I have a light weight tri-fold bed cover but I can't imaging that is going to have much impact at all on this aerodynamically or weight wise. I figure I am pretty close on payload and getting close on tongue weight. Curious to see if anyone is pulling something about this size with a 1/2 ton and could supply some tips.

Latest resources

Back