Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

tom999z

RVF Regular
Hi all, Newbie here. I was considering buying an older Four Winds class C motorhome. So I'd contacted Thor and asked them if they service/support/or at least supply parts for their older vehicles. They said no, they only service and support their vehicles 2020 or newer... So isn't that a punch in the teeth for any Thor owners with vehicles older than 2020? After paying $50,000 for one of their vehicles, at a minimum I'd like to have peace of mind knowing that I could just contact the manufacturer for any boken part repair or replacement; but it looks like I'm left out in the cold doing a forum search looking for one-off replacement parts like so many people in this forum (I did a search in this forum, and Thor owners are posting threads looking for wheel parts, slider parts, furniture parts, etc...).. This predicament reminds me of the Chinese atv's that are flooding the American market: one time use, dispose of when broken, zero costumer support or parts after the company gets their money....This just doesn't seem right, I'd better hope that my Four Winds never breaks or else it's useless junk.

Hi all, Newbie here. I was considering buying an older Four Winds class C motorhome. So I'd contacted Thor and asked them if they service/support/or at least supply parts for their older vehicles. They said no, they only service and support their vehicles 2020 or newer... So isn't that a punch in the teeth for any Thor owners with vehicles older than 2020?
It seems that many Thor owners feel your pain and have the same complaints, Tom. I looked at new Thor's several years ago and was pretty amazed at the poor fit-n-finish that I saw on the dealer's lot. That's not to say that this is exclusive to Thor, because I'm sure it's not. But after visiting a few forums dedicated to RV'ing, I began to realize that Thor seems to have made an art form out of forgetting who you are once the check clears the bank.

Seems short sighted to me, but what do I know, right?

This seems to be a common theme across all brands of RV's. Thankfully most of our appliances use common parts but anything specific to a particular model you are just SOL.

Doesn't Thor now own Airstream? I'd bet the Airstream division doesn't act like that.

Well I'm not rich and could never afford a new $250k Thor RV, but I just hope that the people who do buy them perform their own research first and realize that once the RV is two years old, that there is no longer any support from the company...

but I just hope that the people who do buy them perform their own research first and realize that once the RV is two years old, that there is no longer any support from the company...
Yep, there is a big problem in the after sales service market for just about All RV's. (My opinion) But if people continue to buy crap, the manufacture will continue to sell crap. We saw it in the 80's with GM, and you'll see it now with RV's. But that can change if the RV industry starts to feel it financially.

Probably coming any day now . . .

I agree totally. Like Jim said above, once they get paid they're out of here. The costumer service representative at Thor wasnt even ashamed of saying that they don't support any vehicles older than 2020. But as long as people keep buying Thor's garbage then they'll always be in business.
On a lighter note, my father has a 1968 Scamper camper that has always been stored outside, and the roof has NEVER leaked yet... Some Thor's start leaking after the third year...

Hi all, Newbie here. I was considering buying an older Four Winds class C motorhome. So I'd contacted Thor and asked them if they service/support/or at least supply parts for their older vehicles. They said no, they only service and support their vehicles 2020 or newer... So isn't that a punch in the teeth for any Thor owners with vehicles older than 2020? After paying $50,000 for one of their vehicles, at a minimum I'd like to have peace of mind knowing that I could just contact the manufacturer for any boken part repair or replacement; but it looks like I'm left out in the cold doing a forum search looking for one-off replacement parts like so many people in this forum (I did a search in this forum, and Thor owners are posting threads looking for wheel parts, slider parts, furniture parts, etc...).. This predicament reminds me of the Chinese atv's that are flooding the American market: one time use, dispose of when broken, zero costumer support or parts after the company gets their money....This just doesn't seem right, I'd better hope that my Four Winds never breaks or else it's useless junk.
You might check on that again. I have a 2015 Thor and have had no problem getting support from them.

How is support defined by the thread starter? It’s meaning can vary.

I think in general the entire RV industry is struggling with customer service in some if not all service aspects, lack of parts, lack of experienced employees, 5 plus years of consecutive record sales, etc. It is unfortunately a buyer beware industry with good and bad vendors.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back