Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Resolved No hot and cold water to kitchen sink, no hot water to bathroom sink and tub?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

RVNewb

RVF Newbee
This morning I discovered that I have no hot and cold water flowing from the kitchen sink, and no hot water coming flowing from the bathroom sink and tub.

It was about maybe 1 degree fahrenheit last night.

I realized I should have insulated to cold and hot low water points that hang down from the enclosed underbelly. So I wrapped some easy heat tape around both. then wrapped those with 3/4" self sealing foam pipe insulation. Finally I wrapped some foam backed foil tape.

I am thinking maybe it has to do something with the water heater. I have a Suburban brand water heater that can run off propane or electric. I am using electric to heat water, because we have shore power.

I also found out that the enclosed and heated underbelly is only really heated when the furnace is running. I have been running the furnace, to see if that might thaw the water pipes, if the pipes are frozen to the water heater, etc.

What could be the problem, troubleshoots, and fixes?

I live in a 2020 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2340BHSWE fulltime.

How I fixed the problem. I decided to press the Electric Reset Button in the outside water heater compartment (I almost did hours earlier). Then I turned the kitchen sink faucet on cold, and cold water starting flowing out, then bled the air out of the hot water side, until it was solid flow of hot water. Next I turned on the hot water to bathroom tub. At first it was just trickling, But within a couple seconds the hot water flow increased to waht it normally would be (but thought it might need time to prime the water pipe from the water heater to the bathroom). Lastly, I turned on the bathroom sink faucet for a short while, to prime the pipe/bleed out any air, until it was a solid flow of hot water.

Last edited:
The second sentence tells what the problem was.
Yeah I was thinking whooooaaaaa , even in our S&B I’d be worried. We be southerners.

The problem was actually that the water heater tripped, not being 1 degree above 0, because the daytime temp was still below freezing.

Latest resources

Back