No Hot Water Coming Out Faucet?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

"EZ"

Internet Forum Junkie since there was dial up!
RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Holiday Rambler
RV Model
Ambassador
RV Length
40'
TOW/TOAD
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I took a shower the other day in my 2006 HR Ambassador Class A. Had lots of hot water. Later I went to wash dishes in the kitchen sink and I could not get any water AT ALL to come out when the faucet was turned all the way on hot. I checked every sink in the RV and no water would come out the hot side. I went outside and pulled up the pressure relief valve and very hot water and air came out, so I know there is hot water in the water heater.

What happened? No water pooling outside on the concrete pad I'm parked on so I don't think it's a broken hose. I can't find water anywhere it shouldn't be. I opened the basement door and opened the access panel. One hose from the water heater was hot and the other room temp so it seems hot water is leaving the water heater. I'm hooked up to city water and I'm not using the water pump. Although I DID try to water pump but it didn't help.

I'm not sure what to do next. Any ideas?

Have you changed the position of ANY valves in the coach? My first guess is that the WH bypass valve somehow got changed. Next guess is a failed backflow preventer that has blocked the hot water side. I don’t know your specific coach, so these are just WAGs based on the symptoms.

TJ

Have you changed the position of ANY valves in the coach? My first guess is that the WH bypass valve somehow got changed. Next guess is a failed backflow preventer that has blocked the hot water side. I don’t know your specific coach, so these are just WAGs based on the symptoms.

TJ
Nothing was changed from the time I took a very long hot shower to the time when there was no hot water at all coming out the faucet. Not just no HOT water but no water at all from the hot side. It's very weird!

Nothing was changed from the time I took a very long hot shower to the time when there was no hot water at all coming out the faucet. Not just no HOT water but no water at all from the hot side. It's very weird!
Do you have hot water anywhere in the RV?

Do you have hot water anywhere in the RV?
I think in his earlier post, Joe, he said no hot water anywhere. Apparently, no water at all is flowing in the hot lines. Sounds to me like some kind of blockage. I’m wondering if lime scale has blocked the output side of the water heater? Since he has hot water flowing out the pressure relieve valve, we know there is hot water in the tank itself.

Since he hasn’t posted on this thread for a while, I wonder if he has solved the problem.

TJ

I think in his earlier post, Joe, he said no hot water anywhere. Apparently, no water at all is flowing in the hot lines. Sounds to me like some kind of blockage. I’m wondering if lime scale has blocked the output side of the water heater? Since he has hot water flowing out the pressure relieve valve, we know there is hot water in the tank itself.

Since he hasn’t posted on this thread for a while, I wonder if he has solved the problem.

TJ
It's fixed!!! I played with it today while I was over at the lake trying out my new Pepwave router and the SIM cards. I ran the water on the hot side and the water would start and then die into a slow trickle like the pipes were frozen in the winter time! But it was 90 degrees outside so I figured that wasn't the cause. :ROFLMAO: I continued to run the water on the cold side and then would turn on the hot side and watch the water slow to a trickle and finally stop again. It was weird. But I re-set the hot water heater to make sure the water was hot. I went outside to the access nanel and pulled the pop off valve. I got lots of hot water out. And after turning faucet after faucet on an off the water finally started flowing out the hot water side again in all 3 sinks in the RV. It's the weirdest thing! I guess it was an air bubble or something. I don't know. But at least it works again. :cool:

Interesting trouble shooting video

I still have this problem with NOTHING coming out the hot water side of the faucet at times. (no water at all) You never know when it's going to happen. I'm thinking the back flow preventer valve may be the culprit. It worked just fine the first week we were in Florida and then the second week it was hit or miss. When it warms up I'll probably replace the valve and see if that takes care of it.

Joe,
Great video! But those people had GREAT hot side water pressure compared to mine. I get nothing out of the faucet. I tried flushing my hot water tank with a wand through the anode rod port and I got a few bits and pieces out but I don't think that's my problem. However I did find that my anode rod was used up and I replaced it with a new one. I guess I need to unhook the water line coming from the hot water heater and see if I have any pressure at the tank. Like I said it's got to warm us some first. I'm allergic to the cold. :ROFLMAO:

Latest resources

Back