Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

CDRoland22

RVF Newbee
I have no power to my TV and microwave in my Freedom Express 192rbs. Breakers on, fuses good, what am I missing?

Welcome.

Did you check your GFCI plugs to see if any of them have tripped? I’d push the test and then reset buttons to make sure they are on.

From the other thread:

Not much to go on here, but a web search seems to show that a "Freedom Express 192rbs" Is a travel trailer. Are the microwave and TV on the same circuit? Check the breaker/fuse panel labels to see whether they are listed together or on separate circuits.

You say "breakers on, fuses good" but how have you checked that? Breakers should be reset by turning them off and back on again. Fuses need to be checked with a VOM for continuity. Visual determination is not always reliable. With fuses, subbing in a new one is a good backup test. I have seen tripped breakers that looked fine, but were open. Same with fuses. Obviously, something is open in the electrical circuits feeding those items.

Have you also looked for GFCI outlets that are open? Sometimes they are used to control more than just a single outlet. Also, have you checked for for loose wires in the breaker panel?

Good luck.

TJ

Latest resources

Back