Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Rolandj

RVF Regular
so i checked coolant level it is good . My next thought was to put new thermostat in anything else it could be ?

Is this a gas or diesel RV? If it's a gas engine, You could also have an air lock in the heater core. Make sure the coolant level is full. Make sure the over flow tank is up to the fill line. Remove the radiator cap. Start the RV and get it up to full operating temp. Turn the heat on FULL BLAST. Rev the engine and hold it around 2000 RPM for a while. Then rev it up and let off a few times to see if the system will "BURP" the air out. If it does, this will probably be the problem. Once it does, top the system off, replace the Radiator cap and you're good to go! You should be able to feel good hot air coming out the vents when you're done. Good luck!!

Is this a gas or diesel RV? If it's a gas engine, You could also have an air lock in the heater core. Make sure the coolant level is full. Make sure the over flow tank is up to the fill line. Remove the radiator cap. Start the RV and get it up to full operating temp. Turn the heat on FULL BLAST. Rev the engine and hold it around 2000 RPM for a while. Then rev it up and let off a few times to see if the system will "BURP" the air out. If it does, this will probably be the problem. Once it does, top the system off, replace the Radiator cap and you're good to go! You should be able to feel good hot air coming out the vents when you're done. Good luck!!
so it is a 460 gas . there are two line going into some sort of plastic thing then into 1 that goes to heater core . Lines are hot till it gets to that piece. I will take a picture of the part .

I also think T stat is bad because rv isn’t coming up to temp it’s only coming up a little.

Attachments

• 7E9C6EA1-C018-46D4-AE01-DE53BBC6D5A5.jpeg
    7E9C6EA1-C018-46D4-AE01-DE53BBC6D5A5.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
Yeah, a thermostat is a no brainer. They are cheap. I'd replace that plastic deal too. Probably a valve that is stuck. If it's vacuum operated, check that the vacuum line isn't cracked or maybe came off the intake manifold? That may be why the valve isn't opening up.

Yeah, a thermostat is a no brainer. They are cheap. I'd replace that plastic deal too. Probably a valve that is stuck. If it's vacuum operated, check that the vacuum line isn't cracked or maybe came off the intake manifold? That may be why the valve isn't opening up.
let me ask you a quest some of the vac lines have been removed from stuff . should i just follow it back and see where it goes ? Im gonna start w tstat because regardless temp should be coming up. then ill trace line and see .

Yeah, follow the vac line and make sure it's connected. You can suck on the rubber hose and see if the valve opens or closes. See if you can pull a vacuum with your mouth. If the hose has a hole in it or is cracked then replace it.

So upon further inspection that little valve of the picture I posted has a zip tie holding it I guess open. So I’m going to need a new one but I was able to Jerry rig it and now it’s blowing heat. Thank you

So upon further inspection that little valve of the picture I posted has a zip tie holding it I guess open. So I’m going to need a new one but I was able to Jerry rig it and now it’s blowing heat. Thank you
Yay!!! Good job. You never know what you're going to get after the previous owner "fixes" something. :rolleyes:

yea tell me about it that's why i don't like buying used buy can't justify spending 100k until i know i like doing this. plus i enjoy tinkering . Any idea what that part might be called ? Looks to be some diverter valve but not sure ho to order it

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back