Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

No water pressure after accidentally leaving drain valve open while towing.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

badreed

RVF Newbee
Hi Folks,
I’m new to RV life. My water pump was working splendidly all summer, but not since moving to a new location yesterday. I accidentally left the drain valve open after draining the water tank before the 8 hour drive. About halfway through the drive, I went into the trailer and it smelled pretty bad - perhaps because the shower drains slowly and those fumes returned into the cabin. I put about 8 gallons into the tank today. It usually holds about 36 gallons but there is nowhere to fill (legally) near me, so I’m doing it by hand with my 5 gallon water cooler bit by bit as I drive into town. (Boondocking!). I also checked possible hose kinks, but I don’t see any. I‘m 1hr from any repair service, so any tips for things to check before going in that direction? I’m pretty handy, just don’t know what to look for. Is it possible some mud/debris got in the lines when the valve was open while driving?

Thanks!!!!

Did you check the fuse for the water pump?

It may not be enough water for the pickup, I'd try with a full tank and give the pump time to prime again.

Do you hear the pump try to run? If not check its power. If it did , did you give it time to fill the lines ?
Do you have a water management system? If so did you make sure it was set to tank water not city water?
We don't know your equipment type so it would help to know that. Simple TT, or 5th wheel or class A, B , or C.
Some have management systems and some don't.

Latest resources

Back