Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

KenS999

RVF Newbee
Hello I am having an issue with my Norcold refrigerator running on propane. The model number is N306RM8. It is in a 2017 Cherokee Wolf Pup 16FQ. I noticed I have to lately turn up the temperature setting dial while running the refrigerator on propane to almost "coldest" in order to maintain 40 degrees F in my refrigerator section. The flame meter on the display, which always used to sit in the middle of the green now only sits just below the border of where white meets green while the fridge is running on propane. I do use 2 external cooling fans to draw air over the coils and an internal fan to circulate air in the refrigerator compartment. I have cleaned any carbon deposits near the flame orifice tube and thermocouple. I know that the temperatures are getting warmer now, but I never remember the flame meter moving below the middle of the green when the refrigerator was operating on propane? Some advice on what I can check to correct the issue and improve my refrigerator cooling more efficiently while using propane would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Ken.

Latest resources

Back