RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Baystar
RV Length
Fulltimer
Yes
We bought a new Bay Star 3014 in January 2021. 3 days ago the Norcold 4 door 121 refrigerator totally stopped working. No power.
We're in Fort Collins, Colorado and live fulltime in it as we travel around America. Newmar advised us to take it to a local shop. The
tech replaced a 5 amp fuse on the board only to have it blow again shortly after it started up. He was unable to fix it. We have another appointment at another
RV place referred by Newmar coming up in a week. (not easy living without a refrigerator) Recently we had a neighbor with the same
Bay Star tell us their Norcold refrigerator died. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?
Newmar and the tech we used cannot get thru on the line to Norcold. They are either kicked off the line after waiting an hour or told the company
is training operators. I noticed that a couple of years ago Norcold was sued and lost a class action for their products. What in blazes is Newmar using
their products for?
I'm about to ask Newmar to buy back my RV. We have had a hydraulic leak in one of the front leveling jacks that they tried to fix when we took it to
their service center in Nappanee, it continues to leak. We have had low water pressure at the kitchen faucet, the advance trac braking system will
go out and give us a prompt to have it serviced. The left turn signal camera will delay turning on for over 20 seconds. Tank level indicators are not
reliable. The radio will lock up and more. Ford has issued a recall for the rear axle on the F-53 chassis, the problem is not enough lubricant was put
into the rear axle causing rear bearing lock up and drive train damage. Lucky for us, we immediately had it inspected. We were down about a quart and
a half. We filled it and when Ford inspected it they want to replace the bearings. We are waiting for parts with no date in sight. Whew!
Any ideas on the fridge would be appreciated.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you're experiencing @rockinNwheelin but you need to stay on top of Newmar with this and also your selling dealer. Newmar is a good company and if you can do your best to treat the people with respect, assuming you are, you'll get the best help even as frustrated as I'm sure you are. The first year can be trying for some RV's as they do need a lot of attention, warranty work, etc. but after you get things sorted out I believe you'll have a great road ahead. If getting back to Nappanee is an option that's the best place to be but otherwise it's their responsibility to get your issues resolved. They can either send a tech to you or make an appointment someplace nearby and have you go there. They may try to have you talk to a service center, that never seems to work well and you'll go into a huge waiting list, I always had Newmar setup my appointment which seemed to make it happen right away.

Hang in there and I hope things get resolved for you as I know this is very disappointing.

Thank you for the great advice. Much appreciated. You're correct about being nice with the support. We have been very
respectable and we are getting progress. Newmar does have very good customer service and that is a plus.

Just an update on the refrigerator, the fans are the issue. Newmar's tech advised us that when he removed the old fans, they were
low quality. The new ones are much better. So far so good. Newmar also told us that Norcold was very slow at sending out replacement
parts. By the way, there were other Bay Stars in for the same issue when we were in Indiana at Newmar's service center.

Latest resources

Back