• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Frank the Bull

RVF Newbee
Hi to all;
My name is Frank! My wife Sandra & I own a 36ft. Holiday Rambler gasser, which we bought new in 2006! I would just like to say aside from some of the problems we may have had with it over these many years, which I might add was not as bad as some of the horror stories I hear from some RV'ers at Campgrounds, I have to admit we are well pleased with this RV.
In the past 12 or so years we had been members of a group of like minded RV owners, (read that-as seniors); but as in most things, there is always an ending, and that ending has come in the form of old age!!! Many in the group, either wife or husband passed and the will to continue diminished, and RV's were sold off and RVing became a beautiful time of the past for them.
We also no longer belong, as now we only go now and then, and keep the trips only within the state.( could not keep up going every month to a different campground, in and out of the state. I am like a piano (88) & no longer can play those games! As I write this, we just came back from a week at a campground called John Prince, which is only 56 miles from home.
We had a beautiful site overlooking the lake, and the weather was perfect. We will be planning another trip in three or four weeks, got to rest up for a while Ha Ha! Well I think you now know a little about me now, (nothing special here).
Now I will ask for some help! We have a Microwave and a cabinet above our three burner stove which gets very greasy and sticky! Even with the exhaust fan going, the heat of cooking always seems to cause the problem! Sandy has tried many types of cleaners over the years to try to get rid of the sticky/greasy feeling which is over the front of the micro and cabinet, and does a pretty good job, but I'm afraid if we scrub to hard we will damage the front of the cabinet as I think it is only a veneer! So my question to anyone, is there a product you know of that could help remove the residue, not damage the cabinet & solve this problem? ( HELP ) Frank

Welcome aboard!

Welcome from Georgia!

Dawn dishwashing liquid is about the best and mildest thing on grease. Mix it up strong (not a lot of water) use hot water and wipe the surface with it. Continue to rinse and repeat. Any spray like 409 or Fantastic may clean the grease faster but MIGHT damage the finish if used too many times or left too long. Good luck!

BTW.............we have a 40' Holiday Rambler Ambassador and we don't cook very much inside. (nothing greasy!) for this very reason.

Latest resources

Back