Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Fueco

RVF Supporter
I’ve been camping and backpacking for years, but my wife and I are getting our travel trailer this week (a ‘22 Rockwood Roo 183). We have four young boys (oldest is 5), and are looking forward to long road trips after school is out for the summer.

We rented a smaller one twice this summer, so we know some of what we’re getting into.

Welcome!

Welcome aboard! Noticed your profile picture…..fellow cyclist!

Since you are going to be new to this type of camping I’ll share one very important observation. When you’re driving a motorhome, you hear every rattle and noice, and experience the effects/results of every bump. Not so with a trailer. You’re driving along in your comfy tow vehicle and unbeknownst to you, your trailer and its contents are back there getting thrashed by every bump you don't feel up front. So think about that on bumpy roads and take it a lot easier than you normally would and your trailer will last longer and have fewer issues.

Welcome. Enjoy your new rig.

Since you are going to be new to this type of camping I’ll share one very important observation. When you’re driving a motorhome, you hear every rattle and noice, and experience the effects/results of every bump. Not so with a trailer. You’re driving along in your comfy tow vehicle and unbeknownst to you, your trailer and its contents are back there getting thrashed by every bump you don't feel up front. So think about that on bumpy roads and take it a lot easier than you normally would and your trailer will last longer and have fewer issues.

Hopefully this trailer has better suspension that the small trailer I’ve borrowed from my neighbor for hauling off yard waste. It has no suspension, so is a constant reminder to take it easy.

Our trailer was delivered this morning. It’s in our driveway for now, until we can get the corner of our yard ready for it (I need to get some branches cleared to the right height.

28DD2D4F-9929-455B-AC09-A0B86B249019.jpeg

Last edited:
Trailer is now parked where we intend to store it. I had to get a tree service to remove a couple of trees and prune the pine tree (branches hanging over the neighbors’ trailer and shed!).

We’re still going to redo that corner of the yard eventually, and put move the fence closer to the street and add a gate.

E2A19560-AC10-44EB-86FF-66EC8B2ABDFA.jpeg

Latest resources

Back