Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TJ&LadyDi

RVF "Dinosaur"
We have now had two instances where turning the key off...and even removing it...wouldn’t shut the engine off. Cycling the key 10-15 times finally shut it down. Tried several restarts and it works...right now.

Bad ignition switch or relay? Called Newmar and the said “call Spartan.” Called Spartan and they had no idea. They said call a Spartan shop in Missoula. That shop said “too busy to look at it.

If it isn’t one thing, it is another. Anyone else had this happen? Cause? Fix?

TJ

Is Cummins in any way connected to the ignition "circuit" for service? In other words can they look at it if Spartan can't? FL?

Sounds like a bad ignition in that the key position seems to mean nothing.

Sorry TJ, bummed yet another something!

Is Cummins in any way connected to the ignition "circuit" for service? In other words can they look at it if Spartan can't?
That’s a thought, but of course it is Friday. These things don’t happen on Tuesdays.

This may be the last straw. Kinda wish we’d stuck with the simpler Class C. Wanna buy a Mountain Aire...and a lot in Polson?

TJ

That’s a thought, but of course it is Friday. These things don’t happen on Tuesdays.

This may be the last straw. Kinda wish we’d stuck with the simpler Class C. Wanna buy a Mountain Aire...and a lot in Polson?

TJ
Does it have a pellet grill? ?‍?

Hang in there. You are certainly making me think of never letting go of the Ventessex!

Bad or weak fuel shutoff valve or relay? I had it happen on my previous coach 5 times over a 2 week period. The only way I could kill the engine was to disconnect the negative chassis battery cable. Since I was headed home, I was going to wait until I got home to put it in the shop but for whatever reason, it never did that again. I had it another 5 years and 40,000 miles.

TJ, is a mobile tech an option there? That’s been the most responsive option in my limited experience.

Bad or weak fuel shutoff valve or relay? I had it happen on my previous coach 5 times over a 2 week period. The only way I could kill the engine was to disconnect the negative chassis battery cable. Since I was headed home, I was going to wait until I got home to put it in the shop but for whatever reason, it never did that again. I had it another 5 years and 40,000 miles.
Thanks. I hope ours does the same think.

TJ

TJ, is a mobile tech an option there? That’s been the most responsive option in my limited experience.
It might. If things hold off for a couple of weeks, we’ll ask Premier RV services to take a look when they do the scheduled awning replacement.

It is the nagging uncertainty that keeps us on edge.

TJ

It is the nagging uncertainty that keeps us on edge
I hate that! I’d rather have ice picks in my eyes than worry about a mechanical issue causing issues for the family.

Latest resources

Back