Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

jermar

RVF Newbee
I need some info concerning my Oasis heating system. I won't be putting my rig into an indoor temperature controlled storage until Nov. 15th, until then it will be sitting outside. Long range forecast is calling for some freezing temps., if I wanted to run the heating system, will it run off of a 110 volt 20 amp outlet?

OASIS requires either 120V (AC I / II) for electric elements OR diesel burner. In your scenario you need burner ON.

Set T-Stats to FURNACE which requires 12V which means your batteries so you're fine with the 110V connection for the charger. Make sure your EMS is set accordingly to the incoming amperage and also the magnum charge settings.

Unless you are sub freezing multiple days in a row you really don't have anything to worry about and the above is not required.

We are facing same situation, however we will be camping so plugged into shore power. Does anyone know what level of temps I should worry with. Know 32 is not issue, but lets say 30 or so.

We are facing same situation, however we will be camping so plugged into shore power. Does anyone know what level of temps I should worry with. Know 32 is not issue, but lets say 30 or so.
I use RVWhisper to monitor battery levels and temps on both the house and chassis batteries. With the chassis batteries being outside I get a good reading of outside temps to compare with temps in the wet bay. I find the RV has lots of thermal mass and takes sustained outside temps in the low to mid 20s for me to get concerned w/ wet bay temps. I am not concerned w/ one night w/ temps in the 20s. If the following daytime temps do not warm up into the 40s then I am concerned with a 2nd night in the mid 20s. This is for the situation where we are not heating the RV.

With heat we've camped multiple days with night time temps in the low to mid 20s and daytime temps in the 40s without an issue. We have an Oasis system and heat pads - so of course depends on your heat setup.

Last edited:
Thank you, sorta thought that but was not sure. Yep oasis and heat pads, but the inverter/charger puts out lots of heat so if camping not really worried unless down to zero. Have been in -7 with other one, everything was fine. This one is better I hope.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back