Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question OASIS Hydronic heating underperforming with electric elements?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I'm curious if something is not working as designed in my ITR OASIS hyrdonic heating system when using AC I/II (both electric elements). It's summertime and not using OASIS for anything but hot water. I shaved then showered. During the shower the system can't maintain the hot water. I would expect in summertime and hot water use only I could get through a shower with sufficient heat from both electric heat elements. I did the voltage test and verified both AC I and II are showing the approximate 12A draw. Diesel burner heats as expected when used.

For those with OASIS units, can you get through a complete shower with sufficient hot water? Any ideas what may be wrong with my OASIS electric burners? I do have a heat 2 loop pump failed but don't think that's involved. Reservoir has correct fluid in it so that's not the issue. Coach is now 4 years old (today!!) and I'm getting the fluid flushed at Newmar during my September service.

Ideas??

We find the electric elements “sufficient” for a shower, though it depends on how HOT you want the water, the duration of your shower and how much water you use. We’ve installed a quarter-turn ball valve at the base of the shower wand that allows us to cut the flow in half (+/-) and that really helps. That said, we frequently turn on the burner during “shower time.”

TJ

It has to do with input temp of water. In Montana, the water is much colder than texas water. Takes more BTU to heat it.

Our electric elements (both on) provide very hot endless water (even when it's been in the 50s in KY recently). Can't add why your's doesn't provide enough.

I asked @ARD and @NWIP who are here and same issue, it IS the Montana ground water temp as @redbaron stated as well. Confidence isn't fully there with the OASIS with the history of electrical issues in shorts and relays. I use the burner often as I enjoy the continuous really hot water as needed.

I asked @ARD and @NWIP who are here and same issue, it IS the Montana ground water temp as @redbaron stated as well. Confidence isn't fully there with the OASIS with the history of electrical issues in shorts and relays. I use the burner often as I enjoy the continuous really hot water as needed.
I'm having the same problems with mine. Both elements are drawing correct amperage, but it has been getting worse as time goes on. It seems that something other than input water temp that is causing the issue. Just parked after a brutal day driving in Michegan. I will check input water temp tomorrow . Any other ideas? We used to be able to take two showers on electric. No more. 2019 DSDP 4369.

Let me know what you find out. Maybe give ITR a call. My coach is in storage until September.

Let me know what you find out. Maybe give ITR a call. My coach is in storage until September.
Just finished a trip, same issue. One element used to work during the Summer. Now we need both and for the first time during the Summer I had to fire up the boiler. Something is up.

Just finished a trip, same issue. One element used to work during the Summer. Now we need both and for the first time during the Summer I had to fire up the boiler. Something is up.
I had the problem. It was bad wiring connections that overheated and melted. The wire bundle is on the left side when facing the Oasis panel with the green lights.
Your problem could be different?
F338A47D-39D7-4414-8526-44B025F7376B.jpeg
9C031C5A-7CF5-4A7F-92FE-1C9E7455010E.jpeg

Neal, I haved a down time tomorrow as we transition to Oho from northern Michigan. I will give ITR a call and see what they think.

Latest resources

Back