RV Model
RV Length
Chassis
Spartan K2
Engine
Cummins L9 450
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Wrangler
I have a leak on the output line of the Oasis burner. It is just a drip but I want to repair it. Has anyone else had this problem and repaired it? It doesn’t look like that much of a job besides crimping off the in/out lines. Should I replace the brass connections?

Marc

Attachments

• IMG_5341.jpeg
    IMG_5341.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 41
Looks to me like the clamp did not properly seal off the hose and that's where it leaked. I would clamp off the hose, remove the hose clamp and pull the hose. I'm guessing that the brass fitting will clean up OK; it is just stained by the leaking fluid. Do check the brass fitting for a crack or other leak spot. If the hose interior looks OK, you should be able to re-use it.

I have never liked that style of clamp and would replace it with either a worm-drive stainless steel clamp or a crimp-style SS clamp. You would need a crimp tool to do the latter, but that's something you should probably have in your RV toolkit. I do.

Good luck.

TJ

Looks to me like the clamp did not properly seal off the hose and that's where it leaked. I would clamp off the hose, remove the hose clamp and pull the hose. I'm guessing that the brass fitting will clean up OK; it is just stained by the leaking fluid. Do check the brass fitting for a crack or other leak spot. If the hose interior looks OK, you should be able to re-use it.

I have never liked that style of clamp and would replace it with either a worm-drive stainless steel clamp or a crimp-style SS clamp. You would need a crimp tool to do the latter, but that's something you should probably have in your RV toolkit. I do.

Good luck.

TJ
Thanks for the info. I'll give that a try.

I would try the SS worm clamp before taking the hose off. Cleanup the outside and see, might do the job.

I would try the SS worm clamp before taking the hose off. Cleanup the outside and see, might do the job.
That might work too, as long as the hose, itself, is not compromised. A little Brasso and a strip of rag might clean up the fitting too. (You can tell the old Army guys; they know what Brasso is. :ROFLMAO: )

TJ

I replaced all of those connectors with worm gear style when I added my engine heat loop pump.

In looking more closely at your photo, I now think that there's a good chance that the leak is actually in the threaded connection between the Oasis unit and the hose barb fitting. If that's the case, it may be a reasonably simple fix.

You would need to remove the hose and threaded hose fitting, clean them up and re-install using Teflon plumbers' tape or a paste-style "pipe dope." Snug up the fitting, but don't break it! Re-install the hose and clamp. Hopefully, that would solve the leak problem if it is in the fitting.

Good luck.

TJ

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips

Check you tube for a video of this problem, found watching a repair takes all the gotchas out of it. Don't think Teflon tape will work for diesel, find out what oasis uses and get that stuff. Gasoline and diesel will melt most Teflon I think.
Napa has some very nice clamp pliers which allow you to crimp off a fuel/water hose, but not hurt the hose, they come in at least two sizes, and I have used them on several Hydro Hot annual maintenance and waterline fixes. I keep them in my tool bag, and I bought two pair of each of the two sizes, because you never know when you need two of them for a job. Go to NAPA store to get them. I can take picture if needed.

The leak is on the boiler fluid / radiator fluid lines. Not sure which end of the system this was showing, and it could be either, as both fluids come into the Oasis.

Regardless, teflon tape will work no problem, as it can withstand temperatures up to 500F. I agree that it is most likely not require, and a good tight fitting connection is a better solution.

Latest resources

Back