Chassis
Spartan K3
Engine
Cummins ISX 650
TOW/TOAD
Ford Cmax
Fulltimer
Yes
Any ideas as to what might have happened?? Master bedroom window next to bed facing forward on coach, was fine last night. No apparent twisting, both screen and window move easily, did not freeze last night, mid 40's for low in northern Florida, woke up to this. Both outside and inside appear to be fine, it appears to be the inner layer.

933BCE45-9C79-40E9-A8E1-E272FD230420.jpeg

Landscape maint crew using a weedeater outside? Look for evidence that it was struck from outside, not inside. Dual pane windows? Outside only broken. I’ve done this to a sliding glass door at home with a weedeater. Safety glass typically need to be impacted for this to happen. Look again and feel for cracking to determine if its inside or outside. There is no layed between to my knowledge that would do that.

Happened overnight while we slept, I was literally less than a foot from it, so would have heard a strike, and no impact spot. Looking at it closer this morning I think it is the outside layer that did break, when I removed the screen inside layer is smooth. Trying to find a part number in Newgle is proving difficult, going to give Newmar a call shortly. I cant figure it out as there appears to be no obvious strain on it, and the fixed side of the window is fine, just the moving part affected.

It doesnt take much of a strike and wouldnt necessarily leave an obvious mark. I also chipped my Jeep windshield that way and it was about 30’ away. I’d look for signs of fresh landscape work. It’s possible that it just gave up on its own, but less likely. I’ve found that I don’t get much out of Newgle (tech challenged…?) and just call 800-731-8300 when I need something.

Yup, 800# , 4-5 weeks and $626.24 later and a replacement is on order.

I had one in my bedroom break. I removed the window, took it to a local commercial and home glass shop. They measured the glass, ordered it and installed it for less than $200.00.
It is very easy to remove.
Or take your rig to them and let them do it.

Yeah, 20/20 hindsight I should have called a glass company, I called Newmar and the window will be shipped to our Florida winter destination. I was thinking of replacing it myself, it doesn't look to complicated but because a ladder is involved my wife is voting for a mobile tech. Guess we will support the local economy. They could use the business anyway!

Maybe the park handy man?

Happened after dark. Went to bed about 10pm and it was clear. Woke up and it was how it looks in picture. Cant find any sign of an impact. Stationary part of window is fine, and the cracked out sliding portion still moves freely, so no weird twisting or binding that I can deduce.

Just a thought, do to no obvious point of impact and radiating damage out from it, and the fact that it is complete from side to side and top to bottom it looks to me like a thermal event, but I cant for the life of me figure out what would have caused it. We were in the 80's during the day and only in the low 40's overnight so I cant see how it would have happened. I'm one of those guys that want to know how and why as much as anything else.....

Latest resources

Back