Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

yogi

RVF Newbee
hello i have an old propane heater. i might try to put into my tiny teardrop. its vented to outside. it has no fan and no battery power is needed. i wonder if a propane heater for instance the wave 3 will work better for me in 2020. it says for the wave 3 just crack a window. so does the wave 3 have nasty fumes or not. i want dependable heat safe , and not a loud fan that operates with it.

Tear Drop??? The one I built was good without a heater. Have you tried to use it in cold weather yet?

Tear Drop??? The one I built was good without a heater. Have you tried to use it in cold weather yet?
no its a new camper . outbound extreme from hastings nebr. i used to have an old box camper.i want to do cold camping in like 10 degrees at night weather. i have been looking at the wave 3. heater. it says its catalytic heater. but it does use propane. their must be some sort of offgas. ? in the wave 3. this heating issue is confusing. i cant trust a cheap 200 watt electric heater for an entire night run off batterys

It is about enough oxi to the catalytic. Used one on the boat, and used one when I started full timing. I now us a brick heater because of better control. You will however be best served by the Olympus wave heater because you can touch it without burning you down. And yes it produces carbon dioxide, not poisonous as long as you get enough oxygen.

It is about enough oxi to the catalytic. Used one on the boat, and used one when I started full timing. I now us a brick heater because of better control. You will however be best served by the Olympus wave heater because you can touch it without burning you down. And yes it produces carbon dioxide, not poisonous as long as you get enough oxygen.
i have to compare that idea to my old duo therm rv heater that is vented. to outside. i will study carbon dioxide thatnks

Latest resources

Back