Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins ISL9 450HP
TOW/TOAD
2023 Silverado
Fulltimer
No
We are considering a new Dutch Star. Omniview 360 Cameras sound cool but I'm not too sure just how much they would be used. If you have the Omniview Cameras I would love to hear how you use them, how often they are used, etc. & your thoughts on if you would opt for them again or not. I've read some posts regarding premature camera failures potentially due to always on condition but not sure how prevalent this issue may be. At $2,793 it's not a overwhelming cost, just trying to figure out if they are worth it to me. Thanks in advance for your input.

I use it getting in/out of campground and tight spaces. The screen size is really to small on the pre 2021 but believe they went to 9” in 2021 which should be better. No failures yet.

Thank you @NWIP for your input, I can see there could be some advantage in tight space scenarios.

Based on the underwhelming number of responses it looks like the 360 camera system is certainly not high on the "you really want this list" so it appears to be a good place to save a few $.

Part of the requirements for omniview is the Excite radio head units which lots of people don’t like. I had to have mine replaced under warranty as it went completely dead. Hate to think of what the cost was if I had to pay.

It’s an option I ordered. Clearly not a necessity unless your inner kid is filling out the order form. Mine was in firm control.

Technology has delivered another tool in the toolbag.

You are the one that has to decide if its a tool you need.

Im buying used and will add a 360 camera system. I see an advantage in tight places and heavy traffic, which I hope to avoid.

Latest resources

Back