DSDP 4326
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
ISL 450
TOW/TOAD
2023 Winnebago ERA 70A or 2012 Ford Taurus
Our DS is all electric with many new systems and geegaws that were not in our old coach. I knew how to navigate 30 amp service with that one. This one, not so much. Three heat pumps, Oasis, etc.

Other than avoiding using both AC1 and AC2 on the Oasis, what other measures should be taken?

Be wary of other high wattage items like: Convection oven, electric space heaters, even hair dryers. Things that have heaters. Think of their energy consumption before use. Turn off one high user to start a different one.

Remember that on a "50 amp" connection, there are really 2 50 amp feeds that the RV is using. In a "30 amp" connection, you only have 1 30 amp feed. So, the difference is not simply 20 amps less available power, but actually 70 amps less power available for the entire system.

Starting the generator for high energy use times is also a viable option for you.

@Neemer Ed...since you have a Dutch Star, I would imagine you have an EMS (Energy Management System). The whole purpose of that unit is to shed uses of energy to match the incoming power availability. The downside of that unit is that has no way to adjust itself to the available power. For the EMS to properly work on less than 50 amp service, you will need to manually change the value in it's system. From this point, I will have to refer you to the user's manual for the EMS to make this adjustment.

@RandyB , thank you for reminding me of that. I need to hit the books again.

@Neemer there is nothing you need to or worry about with 30A. It's 100% automatic. It will show you on the EMS that it senses 30A and you can use everything you want but it will load shed as needed. You may even be able to run 2 A/C's, I have, most likely one will load shed if something else comes online. This is where I would use diesel burner and leave the OASIS electric elements off.

When you get to connections below 30A such as 15A then you need to do a few things.

Latest resources

Back