• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

boarmangl

RVF Newbee
Hi -
New to this world. We are looking to purchase the model listed above. We had an RV inspector look at it.
1) odometer doesn't work but the second buyer has kept a log of the miles she's used it since 2016
2) we thought it was a V10 based on her advertisement but looks to be a V8 with the vin entered
3) hydraulic pump is not working but she said she will get it fixed
4) there is some water in the low point lines but also said if anything is leaking will get that fixed too

It's incredibly clean and we love it, but wondering your thoughts...was listed at 25K and got her down to 21K before the inspection.
Is this a good deal??
ALSO, we are having a heck of a time finding specs/info on this baby. I even called TIFFIN and they couldn't help. They are the ones that verified the model number after sending the vin but have no manual.
SO....HOW MUCH CAN THIS TOW? We would like to get a vehicle hooked up asap but need to know what we can pull with it.

Any offer, suggestions, are welcomed! thank you!

If it has a V8 gas engine I'm not thinking you'd want to tow very much behind it or you'll have trouble going up hills. Capacity is probably rated at 5000# if I were to guess but with 5000# behind it you would not be happy. This is why almost every gas RV uses the V10 engine. It has more torque!!

Is the floor plan and interior to your liking? Were there any other issues raised by their inspection? If not it could be an OK deal. But I’m worried the price might be a bit high, I did a quick check on an NADA, and average retail for this model is around 15,000. Please check for yourself as I did not plug-in any options, that was the base price. For a private transaction, it may be worth more like 10 to 12,000.

Attachments

• 54999BCB-A359-488E-83EE-351EACE800D9.png
    54999BCB-A359-488E-83EE-351EACE800D9.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 7
Welcome to RVF, @boarmangl; glad to have you here.

Below is a link to a PDF file for a "2003 Allegro Bus" manual.

If this is the coach you have, the tow rating for the gas-engine model is 3,500 lbs (See Page 17-19). As has been said, even pulling that much might be a challenge on steep grades.

TJ
Wow! Tow rating is only 3500#. :oops: That's even lower than I thought. If you're planning on towing full time this is NOT the unit for you!

Latest resources

Back