RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2021 Willys
Since we're streaming everything and haven't used Dish for sometime now, I'm looking at taking the fold up dish off the roof. Is there an available block off plate or can the original base be left on with the main upper part removed?

I would ask myself: self, why do I want to do this?

Why not just leave it if not for you but for the next joyous owner? It's not hurting anything being up there and it's available should you ever want to use it again.

Dang it Neal, there you go making sense when I'm not. I just have a need to remove stuff that I'll never use. Unfortunately our coach has that one and an in motion unit. Just seems like a lot of junk on the roof that I don't need to be carrying around.

Haha, I just think it's pain and suffering and possibly something you may regret. I personally would leave it alone. It's your coach, just sharing my opinion because again I've been diagnosed with untreatable laziness :)

Pretty sure the next time I reseal, it'll be coming off. Still have the in motion dome that we used 90% of the time when we had dish. Maybe there's a market for used?

My wife and I installed a Trav'ler a few years ago on a 5th wheel. We paid the MH dealer to install the one on the MH and when it went kaput (under warranty) we decided to replace the turret our selves.

The hardest part is lugging it from the ground to the roof an/or from the roof to the ground.

Bring Advil

I'll only be going one way with gravity to assist...:ROFLMAO:

Latest resources

Back