Welcome to RVForums.com

  • Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Ours is sold - Leaving RVs after 40 years

Welcome to RVForums.com

  • Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Old-RV'er

RVF Supporter
Joined
Feb 23, 2020
Messages
493
Location
Blairsville, GA
RV Year
2019
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 3407
RV Length
34'10"
TOW/TOAD
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Fulltimer
No
All - Today I received one of two checks, it was for 80% of the agreed-on price, the other 20% is coming with the new owners. Paperwork transfer and 1.5 days of showing them how it works. I sorta will miss it, then not the hassle of trying to get reservation, diesel at almost 6.00 gallon here, and more and more idiots on the road who really aint got a clue. Almost had one yesterday, pickup pulled right out in front of us, thank God for anti-lock brakes in the Acura. Newmar was good to excellent, but life is catching up with us, time to give it up. I most likely will also leave here, just won't have anything to offer, my information will be old. Happy trails and roads to all. Had lots of fun trips, and a few which were not. God's speed to all here.
 

ARD

Staff member
RVF Moderator
RVF Supporter
Joined
Nov 2, 2019
Messages
747
Location
Fulltiming
RV Year
2022
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
London Aire 4551
RV Length
45
TOW/TOAD
Yukon Denali
Fulltimer
Yes
Congratulations on your sale. Thank you for your contributions to the forum and best wishes in your future endeavors. Be well.
 

John&Andrea

RVF Supporter
Joined
Jan 28, 2021
Messages
373
Location
Dallas Georgia
RV Year
2021
RV Make
Coachmen
RV Model
Concord 300ts
RV Length
31
Chassis
E450
Engine
7.3 gas
TOW/TOAD
Steal Tow Dolly Ford Escape
Fulltimer
No
We wish you the best. Have you thought about something smaller, less to keep up with?
 

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
Joined
Jul 27, 2019
Messages
7,930
Location
Midlothian, VA
RV Year
2017
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Congrats and I hope you'll stick around with your RV family as you can't sell us off :) You will always have great experience to share and offer others. Hope to see you around this virtual campsite.
 

Lab00Rat

At Cruise Speed
Joined
Nov 26, 2021
Messages
57
Location
Deep South
RV Year
2022
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Bay Star 3014
Chassis
Ford F53, V8
Engine
Gas
TOW/TOAD
2021 Ford Ranger 4x4
Hate to see you go. New people like me would benefit from a master RV tech knowledge from time to time.

Do let us know what the other side is like because I doubt you'll be bunkered in fort sticks and bricks forever. We got into RVing because of "the other side" of travel. $250/night hotel, $100/day in meals, and $30/day in parking was just disgusting for our leisure traveling experience. I do hope you get to travel to places RVs can't go and have lots of fun doing it. Come back and tell us all about it.
 

Jabber Jaw

RVF Supporter
Joined
Nov 9, 2019
Messages
534
Location
St. Augustine Fl
RV Year
2020
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Canyon Star 3710
RV Length
38
Chassis
Ford F-53, 26,000GVWR
Engine
Ford V-10
TOW/TOAD
2017 Gmc Terrain & 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR-2
Fulltimer
No
Best of Luck!
But, do stick around and share your knowledge!
I'm sure that I and others could benefit!
 

TJ&LadyDi

RVF "Dinosaur"
Joined
Nov 2, 2019
Messages
4,058
Location
Washington State
TOW/TOAD
2020 Lincoln Nautilus or 2014 Honda CR-V
Congratulations. I’m sure it is a bittersweet moment for you, as it is for us; we’re right behind you. The Polson lot is sold and the MADP goes up for sale in a couple weeks.

Wishing you all the best in the next chapter of your life.

TJ&LadyDi
 

AbdRahim

RVF Supporter
Joined
Dec 25, 2019
Messages
2,155
RV Year
2020
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
BayStar 3626
RV Length
37’
Chassis
Ford
Engine
V10
TOW/TOAD
None
Congrats on the sale. Sorry to see you go.
 

J&JD

RVF Supporter
Joined
Nov 3, 2019
Messages
1,623
Location
Fremont, California
RV Year
2017
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4018
RV Length
40’
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins ISL450
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Fulltimer
No
At least your Newmar experience was substantially better than what you had with your previous Alpine Coach. Hope your new travel experiences work out even better.
 

Jim

RVF Supporter
Joined
Dec 18, 2019
Messages
2,332
Location
North Carolina
RV Make
On the hunt . . .
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock
All - Today I received one of two checks, it was for 80% of the agreed-on price, the other 20% is coming with the new owners.
Well there you go, perfect example of "Take the money and run. . ." But congratulation on the sale, you picked a good time to sell. Take care and if you're in my area sometime, drop by and say hi. We're not really that far away.

Jim
 

Old-RV'er

RVF Supporter
Joined
Feb 23, 2020
Messages
493
Location
Blairsville, GA
RV Year
2019
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 3407
RV Length
34'10"
TOW/TOAD
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Fulltimer
No
All - Thank you for all the kindness displayed. We took her for one last small trip to take out our stuff and put into storage. OK, I am not as a rule a packrat, but we had a whole lot of stuff in that coach, we never used. Part of that was we had to go from 40' down to 35', and at that time gave away some stuff, but put way more of it into this one than we should. I highly recommend to all, go through, all the outside compartments put it all on the ground, and go through it, and you will find "oh wow, I have not seen that in xx years". The old adage, if you don't use in in six months, you don't need it is so very true. I am also not a clothes horse, but I had way too much of that in it too. So, 10 shirts, private stuff, shorts, 2 long pants, one medium coat for cold, and that is it. We ran across one couple right after we picked ours up, she had broken the hanging bar in the closet because she had so many clothes. We did not have nearly that much, but more than we should have had. So be aware, things have babies, and multiply and I could not figure out how that happened.
 

LoweCountryCamping

Life is an adventure!
RVF Supporter
Joined
Apr 18, 2022
Messages
30
Location
Georgia coast
RV Year
2022
RV Make
Tiffin
RV Model
Allegro RED 38ka
RV Length
39
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Diesel
TOW/TOAD
GMC Denali 2500
Fulltimer
No
All - Today I received one of two checks, it was for 80% of the agreed-on price, the other 20% is coming with the new owners. Paperwork transfer and 1.5 days of showing them how it works. I sorta will miss it, then not the hassle of trying to get reservation, diesel at almost 6.00 gallon here, and more and more idiots on the road who really aint got a clue. Almost had one yesterday, pickup pulled right out in front of us, thank God for anti-lock brakes in the Acura. Newmar was good to excellent, but life is catching up with us, time to give it up. I most likely will also leave here, just won't have anything to offer, my information will be old. Happy trails and roads to all. Had lots of fun trips, and a few which were not. God's speed to all here.
As newly upgraded RVers to a Class A, I’m sad to read this. We are trying to overlook the reality of diesel prices and hope to manage idiots on the road, and stay excited for the adventures and beauties to discover in our gorgeous country. You no doubt have loved your traveling adventures and we hope you stay active on this site to share all your great insights! All the best in your non-RV endeavors!!
 

Old-RV'er

RVF Supporter
Joined
Feb 23, 2020
Messages
493
Location
Blairsville, GA
RV Year
2019
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 3407
RV Length
34'10"
TOW/TOAD
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Fulltimer
No
All - Again thanks for the nice words. We got a new house, trying to sell this one, and routinely seeing diesel over 5.20+ dollars gallon everyplace we travel.

Baby formula being brought in from Europe at close to 30,000 a flight hour for C-17s, and 80,000 on the C-5. How was it, two years ago, we had everything we needed and contributed to the world, and now cannot provide basics to infants?

I think the voters two years ago, deserve exactly what they are getting, so glad RV is gone. Took car trip to Crossville, TN, wonderful little place, great senior living area there. Talked to two restaurant managers, next month new menus coming out, both said between .50-1.00 price increase for everything on the menu. Both said labor issues as well. If the country makes November for another election, praying things flip. However, in conversation with many, all are concerned we will never make NOV. I miss the freedom of the RV, but not the costs associated with it. We were talking about an Airstream trailer, but things have to be way better for that to happen. God Speed and happy trails to all. Will monitor here as time allows, as internet is even slower at new place than here. Did not think there was a slower plan, just lucky I guess, as I found one.
 

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon for all of your needs.
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Top