DIESELDOG

RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Safari
RV Model
Serengeti
RV Length
I acquired Safari Serengeti. I have no keys. Can I use a slide hammer to remove the locks. Without damaging the aluminum doors. Looking for the best way to remove them. The entry door was unlocked. That is a easy fix. Going call a locksmith for the ignition.

A good locksmith (real locksmith, not a key grinder) can usually make a key without removing the lock...and, can do it so quickly that it is scary. Makes you wonder why you should bother with locks.

TJ

A good locksmith (real locksmith, not a key grinder) can usually make a key without removing the lock...and, can do it so quickly that it is scary. Makes you wonder why you should bother with locks.

TJ
Well the locksmiths want over 350.00 to come out to do this.
I have time and will find another way. Thank you for your reply.

I acquired Safari Serengeti. I have no keys. Can I use a slide hammer to remove the locks. Without damaging the aluminum doors. Looking for the best way to remove them. The entry door was unlocked. That is a easy fix. Going call a locksmith for the ignition.
The locks are not hard to find so I usually use a 3/8 drill bit and drill thru. I know what I am looking at before I start. I suggest finding the new locks first at an RV service/sales outlet.

The locks are not hard to find so I usually use a 3/8 drill bit and drill thru. I know what I am looking at before I start. I suggest finding the new locks first at an RV service/sales outlet.
Thank you. I didn't want to drill them if I didn't have to. I have a slide hammer but I don't want to use it on this. The paint is not pretty but the body is perfect. The interior is perfect. It has been sitting for 17 years. Its sitting in an rv storage that my sister owns. Lein sale.. She wants it gone. She sold it to me for $1.00. Its in SoCal. I dont have an ignition key. 460 ford and it turns over with a socket. Im pretty excited about it. I have been looking for a class A.

Thank you. I didn't want to drill them if I didn't have to. I have a slide hammer but I don't want to use it on this. The paint is not pretty but the body is perfect. The interior is perfect. It has been sitting for 17 years. Its sitting in an rv storage that my sister owns. Lein sale.. She wants it gone. She sold it to me for $1.00. Its in SoCal. I dont have an ignition key. 460 ford and it turns over with a socket. Im pretty excited about it. I have been looking for a class A.
Your concern about the body is exactly why I drill.

Well the locksmiths want over 350.00 to come out to do this.
I have time and will find another way. Thank you for your reply.
You can buy tumbler assembly from FORD. Maybe even a new Column from an RV recker.
I have always loved aluminum construction. congrats on the $1 purchase.

I had a truck stolen from a hotel parking lot one night. The cop said it takes about 9 seconds to steal a car.

If the tumbler where you put the Key has a number, keys are easy to come by online.

An example RVLock Replacement Keys

Latest resources

Back