Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins 340 hp
TOW/TOAD
2013 Subaru Crosstrek - manual, flat tow
Fulltimer
No
Almost every motorhome we see has an outside TV. Do any of you actually use these? I don’t think we ever would - we don’t look at TV much anyhow.
I’m wondering if it would be possible to remove the TV, and store it in case we decide to sell the motorhome, and use that space for something else. Has anyone ever done that?

Don’t have one so can’t use it. I do see folks using them on a regular basis though, usually to watch the game.

totally possible to remove it. I do wish we’d ordered the space and wiring be kept so I could have had outdoor speakers. Could also work as a pegboard area, small toolbay for BBQ tools, whatever fits.

I have used it occasionally. Chose this instead of the one over dash.

We use ours, like to sit in the evening and catch a ball game. Many of the CG's we use have heavy tree cover so the sat is blocked. We just tie the sat radio into the speakers and go old school while having a frosty beverage (or two).

I rarely use mine and rarely use the hammocks I bought too (and two). I think it would be nice but I work from my RV so the leisure aspect of RVing I'm still working on. I'm not a big fan of bugs either so I'm not going to relax watching TV if I'm battling the herd of bugs trying to eat me. However, I suggest always getting the external TV option. You can remove the TV and use it for a nice storage bay. Storage is always a premium in any RV. Any compartment you can gain is a win. It would make a very nice storage compartment just like the pegboard compartment for narrow items, etc.

I love ours. Mainly watch sports or game shows on it. Agree with Neal, would also make for a good storage area.

Love my outside tv. I had a 43 inch in the basement storage of my Montana. Sit out there early mornings and drink my coffee and watch tv with my dog tied out. Sit out in the afternoon and watch the game until the florida bugs drive me inside.
The Monaco has a dedicated tv under a hatch on the slide. I've opened it up from the inside so I can replace the original sharp aquos 19" with a 32 inch smart tv, and the reason I'm going to a 32 inch is because it's the biggest I can fit in the hole.

I keep the volume low and with my shade cloth down no one can see it so it's not a distraction to anyone else.

While I've been working on the Monaco in the shop lately

I've even had the outside tv on and when I take a break I sit down with a cold one and watch it until I get started again.

But then I probably spend too much time with tv and computer internet.

Wish I had one. I'd like to watch the ball games outside rather than being stuck inside the coach.

Never use ours. Watch out for remote turning on outside tv. We found ours on after looking for phantom electric drain. Unplugged it now.

Since I can't watch "professional" sports anymore (most want to use their platform disrespect my Country), I find I read more. I'm a little embarrassed it took a boatload of kooks to get me back to reading (used to be my favorite pastime) . So instead of TV while camping...it's reading a good book. And, unlike TV programming, there is still a good variety of "good books..." ?

Latest resources

Back