RV Make
Jayco
RV Model
JayFlight SLX 8 212QBW
RV Length
21 ft
Fulltimer
No
Getting ready for our maiden voyage in our 2022 JayFlight slx8. We have a lot to learn and many places to go. But I am really stuck on this oven! There might be room for a small pizza but what an I missing? Any thoughts or ideas from the experts out there?

Think smaller food portions which equals smaller pans - ours is a 17 inch oven. Line the bottom of the oven with aluminum foil for easier cleaning. We have also added a small electric convection oven for supplemental cooking capacity.

Think about Dutch oven cooking outdoors at your campsite. I've used charcoal briquets (about 12-13) placed onto a barrel drum lid which is the perfect amount of heat to set a large Dutch oven onto and provides at least 45 minutes of high heat. This is plenty of heat for just about anything.

Rick

Thanks for those geeat ideas! Where were you stationed B52? In another life I lived at Loring AFB.

Hello Arvie,

For B-52 bases, Mather AFB, CA / Castle AFB, CA as a student in 1982/83 and then to Ellsworth AFB, SD in 1983, then Andersen AFB, Guam in 1986. Then Castle AFB, CA again but as a schoolhouse instructor in 1988, then off to the E3A NATO AWACS in Belgium / Germany in 1994 when Castle closed, then requaled back into the B-52 in 1997 at Barksdale AFB, LA as a schoolhouse instructor again. Then moved to B-52 flight test in 2002 and retired in 2005. I knew a lot of people at Loring / Caribou, ME but I've never been there.

Now I work B-52 new radio datalinks as a contractor at the Barksdale flight test squadron. If you were ever inside a B-52 very much, you wouldn't hardly recognize it today, so much has been added and changed. And so much continues to change in it. It is tough to keep up in the flight test world with all of it.

Rick

You are younger and a much longer serving airman. Loring is closed now. We were there ‘69-‘72 connected with theKC 135s. Thank you for your service!

I never used an oven in an RV for cooking and so I dont miss it in my current rig. I have done a little convection baking in my micro but thats it. The only thing I used an oven for was stroage for pots and pans, for which it served quite well.

Latest resources

Back