RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Coachmen
RV Model
Sportscoach Encore
RV Length
40 Feet
My wife is convinced that I won't post this, but I decided that I will own it.

Yesterday I decided it was time to take the big RV out to wash it and get fuel and propane refilled. I went out and started it up, and started getting everything secured to take it out. Only the slides would not retract. (ok some of you already know where this is going, but bear with me - owning it is good for the soul). I checked the electrical system up down and sideways. Couldn't find a problem. I checked all the mechanicals, but no problems. I recently replaced both coach and both chassis batteries, so I spent time (in the rain no less) checking all the connections to make sure I didn't make some sort of mistake. I was at the point where I asked her to come out and hold down the manual release button while I manually retracted the slides so I could go do the errands I wanted to do when she made the comment; "Don't you need to have the engine off to move the sliders?" - DOH!!!

Never done that. Nope!

Please bear with him; @Neal has a very short memory! Been there, done that...too! ;)

TJ
Do I really need to explain my sarcasm at this point?

sarcastic pee wee herman GIF

Sarcasm was duly noted, but it was too good an opportunity to pass up. :ROFLMAO:

TJ

Dog Lol GIF

Actually, when I took my Forester back to the factorewy for repairs, I did that in their yard with every standing around watching. Duuuh!!!

I had a similar incident but for me it was Engine must be on to operate the jacks. Luckily @AbdRahim was online to remind me and when he did, my first response was “nah-ah”, then I tried it and felt stupid.

such a weird set of requirement if you ask me. My slides work engine on or off. My jacks only work if the engine is on, which I think is dumb. I want to pull into a spot, turn off the engine, connect power or start the generator, deploy slides and lower jacks.

instead I have to do all of that with the engine running because I don’t want to cut the engine just to have to turn it back on 5 minutes later to deploy the jacks.

I won't tell you what just happened to me this week while in Florida. It was a LOT worse than having the engine running while trying to operate the slides!! :oops:
Oh My God Reaction GIF

I won't tell you what just happened to me this week while in Florida. It was a LOT worse than having the engine running while trying to operate the slides!! :oops:
Now you have to tell us. It’s in the RVF rule book. Never mind where, somewhere in the back. What happened?

Latest resources

Back