Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
Book early is the punchline. I have spent the past week trying to secure places to stay in Florida for January and February 2022 and every park that I am interested in because of location has very limited availabilities. Some have none. I can remember pre-2020 it was not too much effort to secure places and now its a different game. I will book for 2023 while I am there is the lesson learned. I imagine it is the same wherever you go regardless of the season.

In winter they can get top dollar. Some popular places in other parts of the country now only offer daily rates. It costs a fortune, for a long term stay at such places. They are busy enough to not care about long term folks.

We are headed to Florida in February/March. Some of the reservations were booked over a year ago. Blu Water Keys for example, had to be booked 15 months in advance or no chance. Going cross country from the Bay Area we booked everything almost a year ahead, especially places like New Orleans and Fort Wilderness. Coming back west we will wing it a bit more.
Book early is the punchline. I have spent the past week trying to secure places to stay in Florida for January and February 2022 and every park that I am interested in because of location has very limited availabilities. Some have none. I can remember pre-2020 it was not too much effort to secure places and now its a different game. I will book for 2023 while I am there is the lesson learned. I imagine it is the same wherever you go regardless of the season.

@J&JD
whats your fav in or new orleans?

@J&JD
whats your fav in or new orleans?
We stay at French Quarter Rv. It is a short walk to the French Quarter, and gated for security. Try to get a spot near the front close to the office as it is farther from the freeway. Judy
(note from Jd - very close to freeway so there is traffic noise. Not the most beautiful park but certainly convenient to the French Quarter as Judy alluded to)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back