Chassis
Ford
Engine
V10
TOW/TOAD
2008 Saturn Aura XR
Fulltimer
No
Hello, parents have a 2008 Georgetown XL with awful peeling furniture. Has anyone had this issue and if so did you replace or repair?

If replacement or repair what did you get and where? Preference is to go with Longer sofa bed and forego the recliner.

Thanks in Advance.

Prolific problem suffered by many over many years. Had mine replaced at Newmar. Material ordered from Bauer in Iowa

My mom had same problem with $677 recliner at home.

Hello, parents have a 2008 Georgetown XL with awful peeling furniture. Has anyone had this issue and if so did you replace or repair?

If replacement or repair what did you get and where? Preference is to go with Longer sofa bed and forego the recliner.

Thanks in Advance.
This is a topic that you can find in hear several times. It’s happened to a lot of people including me. “Flexsteel” is one brand that is/was so bad they no longer make furniture for RV’s.

What I did was replace the material on a couple captains chairs that were bad. We did it ourselves. On other parts like couches I replaced from local furniture stores.

Attachments

• 2A653CB3-6D31-4BCD-A421-58EB4F2A84D2.jpeg
    2A653CB3-6D31-4BCD-A421-58EB4F2A84D2.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 7AAB1D62-A9DB-4753-9320-87487248A338.jpeg
    7AAB1D62-A9DB-4753-9320-87487248A338.jpeg
    118.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 9545EFAF-DE1F-4B15-8E96-891C61D0138A.jpeg
    9545EFAF-DE1F-4B15-8E96-891C61D0138A.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 9
Forest River is junk We are so sorry we bought a 40' trailer from Forest River We have owned our new trailer for only 2 yrs and are now on our 3rd refrigerator This last 3rd refrigerator was left at our steps by UPS Forest River will not call me back I have food in containers in ice all over the trailer They will not install the refrig the last I heard from Best Buy the deliver the appliances but do not install hookup or take away the broken refrig Insignia refrigerators are junk The chair is pealing and looks cheap BUY any other brand but not Forest River or you will be with us containers of food on ice and throwing away lots of food If anyone wants to join me in a Class Action Suit let me know This company has to be stopped

Just from our experience I’d stay away from RecPro.

We upgraded to their recliners from a jack knife sofa. After three years of minimal use they started peeling and basically had to go to the dump.

Talked to RecPro and they said they had issues for a while but we were out of the one year warranty. Did offer to sell us new ones at a slight discount - nope.

Ended up putting the jack knife back in when we traded it in.

Thanks for all the responses. Still looking. I was mostly wondering if someone replaced with any specific replacement to fit in the spot and to also fit through the door. It seems like allot of people received junk and just got stuck with it. Parents are looking in furniture stores and are kind of doubting what I am advising that it likely won’t fit in the door, I was thinking I could lead them in another direction.

Our motorhome is a 2004 with ultra leather (or whatever they used) it is still in brand new condition with no issues. Kind of sucks that so many got junk with no resolution in place.

You should find that, if you go with recliners, most of them come in two pieces. Back and base separate or can be split making them easier to get in the RV.

We have a reclining sofa in the house that came in multiple pieces as well. Can use as a sofa or recliner on each end. Base and backs were still separate.

Good luck with the search.

We purchased replacement furniture from RecPro, except........we DID NOT choose the vinyl......we chose fabric-covered furniture. Love it! Of course, there is just the wife and me. No rug rats to spill purple lemon aid.

Bob

Real Ultraleather is fine. Most RV manufacturers use a low grade imitation. Thus the problems. Check out Bradd and Hall in Elkhart (new pieces), or Bauer in Iowa (reupholster)

Thank you I will check them out

Latest resources

Back